Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hong Kong Soccer 7s

Anyone following the lads in Hong Kong?

Been watching this tournament for a couple of years now and I have never seen a team go over and play hoof ball - hah. Commentators consistently making comments about how QPR don't know how to play the game which is quite amusing. Dont think the team knew there were no offsides int he first half too. Although Kargbo is towering over some of the Asian teams, so direct may be their game plan.

What is noticeable though is our decisively average our boys are technically. Havnt been able to watch a lot of their games, being in NZ, so though this was a good chance. No wonder none have broken into the first team.

Harun Hamid the only spark, who has scored all 4 goals so far - however I think I read he is out of contract.

From the results that I’ve seen today we drew 0-0 with a Chinese side and drew 1-1 with Brighton and Hove Albion.

is Rayon Kolli playing up front? He looks like a very good prospect in the only app I watched for the U21 recently, I’ve noticed that’s been fast tracked from the U18s to training with the first team.

Comment

Yep! Then a 3-0 win over Singapore Cricket club haha. Harun got all the hat trick.

Kolli doing alright, nothing special, I guess his age plays a factor. He is one I would have said is one to watch from our academy.

Comment

Knocked out in day 2.

Kolli making an almost unforgivable attempt at defending for the goal that knocked us out of the main competition. Just stood there letting the attacker walk right past him in the box, much to his team mates angst.

We were then knocked out of the plate semi-final in the next match. No sign of Kolli which was understandable before late in the game has was subbed in and his first touches of the ball, beat three players and cooly tucked away a goal.

Otherwise, all in all, the technical ability of our players is so far off its alarming. I am hoping it has to do with the sevens 'format' e.g ball on turf?

Again Harun Hamid the only spark and he's already released by QPR. I know sevens is a different game altogether but he's a current Pakistani international, hopefully we didnt miss the boat there.

Jude Boyd solid throughout and was Pitblado I thought showed he could be a handy LCB in a back three. Bala was very lively but hardly played which was odd.

Comment

Pitblado is another one that is being released leaving just Nico Hamerlinen as back up to Paal

Comment

Working...
          X