Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading

Hard not to feel a little sympathy for Reading this evening. They probably didn't deserve relegation over the season, but that's football. Also if Sheffield United were giving their best tonight, then they are going to need more than sympathy next season. A Yorkshire plot I wouldn't be surprised.

Dave would you take Tom Ince he's probably the player I'd be keen on. I'll be gutted to lose Willock so probably worth nabbing him
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Jeff Hendricks is the midfielder I would be most interested in from that club !!!!

Or possibly not !!!

Comment

Tom Ince will leave Reading.

A solid championship midfielder

I doubt we can afford his wages

Comment

Strangely his dad pundit on the Brighton game tonight

Thought he would been better employed watching Huddersfield sending his former club down with his son still there

Comment

Originally posted by daveshads View Post
            Hard not to feel a little sympathy for Reading this evening. They probably didn't deserve relegation over the season, but that's football. Also if Sheffield United were giving their best tonight, then they are going to need more than sympathy next season. A Yorkshire plot I wouldn't be surprised.
            WTF?

They broke spending limits and tried to get promotion by iver spendings and eventually survival in the championship. We had the same issue but cut our cloth withon the rules and survived.

#### em the cheating #####.

Comment

I mean, didn't we do the same thing?

Comment

Originally posted by LordLoftus View Post
                I mean, didn't we do the same thing?
                No.
                We have not breached FFP / P&S rules. Reading have had two sets of points deductions and the second was for not meeting an agreed financial plan. They clearly made the decision to tske the points deduction thinking they'd have enough points to still stay up. #### em!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

No.
                  We have not breached FFP / P&S rules. Reading have had two sets of points deductions and the second was for not meeting an agreed financial plan. They clearly made the decision to tske the points deduction thinking they'd have enough points to still stay up. #### em!
                  You feel strongly about this don't you?

Comment

Trying really hard to care about Reading but something is missing.

Glad Sir Colin stayed up and with any luck may stick with Huddersfield another year or two. We need characters like him in the game.

Reading broke the rules and paid the price. Could have been a number of teams in that last relegation position including us but we all picked up enough apart from Reading to move clear. They drew quite a lot of games in the run in and that included against some top teams but you need wins as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

You feel strongly about this don't you?

Oh yes!

They cheated by having better players on their books than those they could afford within the rules. It would not have been fair if they got 55 points before the deduction and they stayed in the league. They made a decision to ignore the rules thinking they'd have enough points on the bag. If they stayed up and we went down on that basis it would not be fair and Im glad they're going to suffer as they should.

Comment

What a crazy finnish it would have been if Reading wasn’t docked six points. With one match left, Reading, Hudds and we would be at 50 points and Rotherham and Cardiff at 49. Having the weakest goal different we would depend on beating Bristol C.

Reading has got what they deserve. No sympathy from me. I am happy to see the rules are working as intensed. Talking about QPR, we had a happy escape, getting away with a managable fine and not a point deduction that would have seen us relegated as Reading.

Comment

Rules are the rules , unless you're man city or Chelsea

Comment

Working...
                          X