Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey gone?

https://twitter.com/lefthookqpr/stat...72884244037632

Rumours going around that Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey are both going at the end of the season.

I'll believe it when I see it. Wouldn't be overly surprised. Les has been touted for FA role before and CR very well respected.

Main thing I want from the club after this season is over is WTF has gone on and what the general plan is going forwards. Both this season and last saw alarming slumps and there is every chance we could go down this season. As I have said elsewhere what went so wrong with player recruitment, the values of most of our salable players decreasing significantly and lack of new players coming through? I don't normally go with clubs pouring their hearts out in public etc etc. I'm happy for club to do their thing and for me to reasonably enjoy the football. However we need some answers and I also think a clearly communicated vision could help with things like potential signings and on business side in negotiating sponsors and the like.

Comment

The mumorings have been growing louder today, so there could be something in it but we will wait and see.

Comment

Changes are needed youths development is poor recruitment is simply abysmal and will take more than a season or two to rectify but a new dof if we go down that route get a warnock type in someone who has the ability to sniff a gritty player out and a rough diamond

Comment

Would love Warburton back in DoF role if we do make a change. Think he was in that position at Brentford prior to being manager so oversaw positive change there. You could argue he didn't give our yoof a chance but could also argue there was nobody there who at the time was good enough to make the step up.

Comment

How long till you delete this thread ?
            hope it’s true

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
              How long till you delete this thread ?
              hope it’s true
              I hope so as well.

And I shall not be deleting this thread, I wont be getting bullied into arguments on here about that.

Comment

The pair of them have been massive let downs. Les just brings his mates in to coach and has a terrible record when it comes to spending money on players who turn out to be crap. Ramsey has managed to oversee the worst group of youngsters we have produced in years. Get a dof who actually knows the job and a proper coach to oversee the academy. Not jobs for the boys.

Comment

Totally agree about getting rid of Ramsey. I'm not really sure what he brings to the table, well certainly not any talented youngster to impress in the 1st team and establish themselves. Sir Les I hope stays, can't afford to lose him. Done allot of good imo and was just unlucky with regards to Beale appointment!
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                    Would love Warburton back in DoF role if we do make a change. Think he was in that position at Brentford prior to being manager so oversaw positive change there. You could argue he didn't give our yoof a chance but could also argue there was nobody there who at the time was good enough to make the step up.
                    I agree, Warbs back as DOF would be an ideal scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      Totally agree about getting rid of Ramsey. I'm not really sure what he brings to the table, well certainly not any talented youngster to impress in the 1st team and establish themselves. Sir Les I hope stays, can't afford to lose him. Done allot of good imo and was just unlucky with regards to Beale appointment!
                      Wow. Just wow.
                      You're entitled to your opinion but WOW.

Comment

Things started coming undone last season in terms of player recruitment and development. Going back to that time we had a number of players highly rated and potentially worth good money and had just taken on Willock for a low fee. That was massive improvement on time when we had nobody worth a transfer fee. Managerial appointments all made sense aside from Ollie which we are led to believe was an Uncle Tony decision albeit in practice many did not work out. So yes can see things improved a lot under Les so personally would not be averse to him staying but would want some kind of explanation as to why so few players have come through the ranks and what the plan is going forward to both rectify that and also to deal with resetting the squad given our better players will likely be sold for a fraction of what we would previously have got for them and there will be little to no money available for a rebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                          Things started coming undone last season in terms of player recruitment and development. Going back to that time we had a number of players highly rated and potentially worth good money and had just taken on Willock for a low fee. That was massive improvement on time when we had nobody worth a transfer fee. Managerial appointments all made sense aside from Ollie which we are led to believe was an Uncle Tony decision albeit in practice many did not work out. So yes can see things improved a lot under Les so personally would not be averse to him staying but would want some kind of explanation as to why so few players have come through the ranks and what the plan is going forward to both rectify that and also to deal with resetting the squad given our better players will likely be sold for a fraction of what we would previously have got for them and there will be little to no money available for a rebuild.
                          Les said in a recent interview that a number of our best young players had been poached by other clubs. I think he said five lads had left? Thats just the way the system works unless we bring back child slavery laws or change employer law over children thats how it will continue. We csn obviously do the same to young lads in L1/2. To help change this the aim is to upgrade our academy to CAT1 so we can say to these lsds there's little point in going and you'll have better route into first team football staying with us. I think it might have been a Dave Mc interview?????

But in any event, ruthless money driven bosses may look at the hard facts. Disappointing recruitment that may still cost us our championship status and no carrier belt of young lads coming through even for those picked up eleswhere at 19/20 yrs. Drewe apart......

The owners can say, with justufication, the objectives they set have not been achieved. I do expect a shuffling of the deck in the summer. And, a change is as good as a rest. Les and Chris will go in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            What is it with you and Ferdinand ???
                            He has'nt done any good since being at this club , he persuaded the owners to not give any more money to spend and get rid of Rednapp in the Jan windowand appoint his mate Ramsey as manager. Therefore we lost our Premier league status and ended up getting a FFP fine from the EFL. Since then he has overseen us buy crap injury prone and useless players , while the club continue to lose money every week . Him and his BAME youth coaches have brought nothing through our youth system but you think he's done a lot of good .
                            As the other poster says WOW.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post

What is it with you and Ferdinand ???
                              He has'nt done any good since being at this club , he persuaded the owners to not give any more money to spend and get rid of Rednapp in the Jan windowand appoint his mate Ramsey as manager. Therefore we lost our Premier league status and ended up getting a FFP fine from the EFL. Since then he has overseen us buy crap injury prone and useless players , while the club continue to lose money every week . Him and his BAME youth coaches have brought nothing through our youth system but you think he's done a lot of good .
                              As the other poster says WOW.
                              Perhaps he is struggling to see les as this failiure he is land sees him as the great player he once was

i also struggled to turn on Les but ive been there a whole season now

Comment

Working...
                              X