The only time we look dangerous is when Sinclair Armstrong is playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only time we look dangerous is when Sinclair Armstrong is playing

I believe he's carrying a knock, but I don't get why he hasn't been playing more regular all season. Any time or game I've seen him play in, I've not seen a team keep him quiet.

There is no movement, no running in behind, no legs in the front two of Dykes and Martin. They are just too easily contained and we can't stretch the game with them alone. We need someone running in behind them. They shouldn't be the furthest forward at all times when the ball is coming in.

Lowe could do a job, but doesn't care. It just feels like we are missing someone stretching defenses like other teams do to us with people who can run onto a ball.

I'd rather Adomah upfront as at least he could potentially be better used upfront running in behind the back line from knockdowns/long balls (that we've reverted to) to take the ball wide and get a cross in and give us another option for Martin/Dykes.

I think his legs are done too, but we need to be stretching the game and just don't seem to have a clue how to do it.

I have been saying this for a while, before his knock he should have been playing week in week out, it’s now three successive managers that have taken this approach yet if other clubs have a teenager who is better than most they are a regular fixture in team, take Fulham for example Sessegnon and Carvalho were regulars at 17 and 18 respectively. The gutting thing about relegation to League One is that we are probably likely to lose Sinclair for a couple of million at most to a Championship team, I think there will be at least 5 teams in for him in the summer and we will be forced to sell as none of our other players will get a decent fee. He will be playing regularly for them next season.

And what has been the common factor in him not playing, it’s LF and Sport Scientist department, they are holding these players back for some reason and no other clubs seem to do this

Comment

Working...
    X