League 1 Financials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• League 1 Financials

I'm absolutely gutted by our current situation. I don't mind us going down or being in any league for that matter as long as the club exists. I'm so scared about us going bust. Given there are many clubs significantly smaller than us doing fine in L1, can someone give me an explanation about why this is a possibility given the financials of the club, championship and league 1?

Don't think the owners will allow us to go bust. Keeping club alive is small change to them and they have been involved for a long time now.

Most players will go so our wages (which is by far our most expensive outgoing) will go down significantly. Not expecting much in way of big money sales. All our 'star' players have gone down a lot in value this season and either out of contract or coming down to last year.

We will need someone who can build a team that can compete in League 1 with very little money (suspect small amount will be made available for transfers) comprised mainly of free transfers, loans and remnants from what we have. GA would seem ideal for that based on his performance for Wycombe.

Comment

bring back dom ball and scowen

Comment

Personally I dont want another loan player at the club ever again. There are enough free teansfer players out there to get our own team together.

Comment

We will be a bigger fish in league 1

our 14k-15k stream of fans will always attend

i cant see amit and the board leaving us either we wont go bust and will be able to reset the squad

relegation isnt as bad as it seems we were in a far worse situation under Holloway when we went down to league 1 last time around money in buckets and all that

Comment

Looking foward to us winning the L1 Championship next season!

Comment

This 500k a week that we are allegedly losing, I just can’t figure that out. Yes our wage bill must be high but what are these other costs we can’t get rid of? We keep being told the stadium is a big strain on finances so maybe relegation is the time to get rid of Loftus Road if it is that big a drain on resources. I never want us to have a ground on Heston but perhaps a drop to League one is time to seriously consider this. Could just have two stands to start with a capacity of 15k but focus on the other revenue streams (that they keep harping on about we need to become self sustaining), it will look #### but maybe now is the time to do it.

Comment

The £500k loss was for the season to May 2022 and included the club's big push for promotion which failed and cost MW his job.

We're probably losing less than that now, but that push has certainly resulted in the holes in the team now. Too many useless loans and no striker of any quality. We've gone cheap and here we are!!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                  Personally I dont want another loan player at the club ever again. There are enough free teansfer players out there to get our own team together.
                  PNE's goals both scored by a loan player. If it's a choice between one of "ours" like Chair who muffed our only real opportunity today or a loanee like the Everton guy who cooly put away his chances for PNE today I'd happily go for the loanee option.

​​​​​​If you accept that our youth development and player recruitment is pretty duff you have to accept that loans are crucial to our success. The only problem is we don't seem that good at selecting decent loan players. Haven't Sunderland got a player on loan from Man Utd that Reds paid £35million for? Meanwhile we have that Welsh no-mark Leeds reject here....

Comment

L1 will probably bring L2 we need to flog so many and the youths need to step up and get revenue under control freebies better scouting sort boardroom out is a must

As for not going bust the owners don't give a shiteaas far as I'm concerned

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                      The £500k loss was for the season to May 2022 and included the club's big push for promotion which failed and cost MW his job.

We're probably losing less than that now, but that push has certainly resulted in the holes in the team now. Too many useless loans and no striker of any quality. We've gone cheap and here we are!!
                      Austin must have been on 30-40k if we were losing that, now a year later I bet he is on a tenth of that at Swindon. This club gets mugged off time and time again

Comment

Looks like we'll be getting the buckets out again
                        surely if the finances are not balancing the fear of administration looms

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                          L1 will probably bring L2 we need to flog so many and the youths need to step up and get revenue under control freebies better scouting sort boardroom out is a must

As for not going bust the owners don't give a shiteaas far as I'm concerned
                          This is exactly it. I'm genuinely interested in the thought process, why doil you think L1 will bring league 2? Is it just a feeling or a genuinely thought out viewpoint? Surely the is stable enough to compete at L1 level?

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
                            Looks like we'll be getting the buckets out again
                            surely if the finances are not balancing the fear of administration looms
                            Do.you know if the finances are balancing Quaz?

Comment

Just an assumption but is it possible we will actually be better off in league one next season, if we by some miracle stay up the “better” players will have to be sold regardless to avoid FFP issues as Eze sale season slips off the three year calc. We would never stay up next season anyway with a load of cheap freebies and league one standard (at best) youth players

Comment

Working...
                              X