Our last 7 games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our last 7 games

Preston will come here today and be at it from the first second with the aim of turning us, the fans on our own players. Let's do the opposite and make it uncomfortable for the Preston players and encourage our lads to get a much needed result. We can make it hard for Preston.

Giving abuse to Balogun and Laird at Wigan. Threads going on at Roberts and JCS and others. People getting at players via social media.

We're the worst team in the league on form, our confidence is rock bottom and we're personally abusing our players. The players are no doubt very nervous about today and probably breathing a sigh of relief if named on the bench or not in the squad. We won't win a game if this continues.

Do we have the right to be angry about performances? Absolutely! However, this is a time we need to pull together. We need to help these lads whether we think they deserve it or not.

The players, staff and owners already know our feelings. Let's put it to one side and get behind them for the last 7 games or at least until we're safe. Let's give them our full backing even if things aren't going as we want on the pitch. Stop the abuse, it's not going to help.

Come on your R's!

I'd never abuse the players but it's a two way street , if we see the effort going in we as fans will respond

Comment

I dunno what happened after final whistle last week but neither Balogun or Laird (nor any player for that matter) got any real stick from the crowd during the game. Yes, when Laird suddenly sat down injured there was a sort of collective groan which translated as "FFS, is he injured again????" but there was nothing that malicious or negative directed at the team or manager. Obviously it wasn't a carnival atmosphere but it certainly wasn't remotely toxic.

After, such a limp and dispiriting display players should give a quick wave/clap after the whistle and get off the pitch ASAP.

Coming right up to the crowd is asking for some choice words from some hotheaded passionate fans who've momentarily lost their cool. Don't come beyond the edge of a penalty area should be a general rule of thumb I reckon.

Comment

if i wish to say i dislike JCS and Tyler Roberts im allowed to do so

at the game however i will not be booing if they turn up in the starting line up

everytime they call Lyndon Dykes name before kick off i remain silent i dont cheer his name

Dieng Woooohhaaaayyyy
        Laird Woooohaaayyyyy
        Paal Woooohaaayyyyy
        Dunne Woooohaaayyyyy
        Dickie Woooohaaayyyyy
        Ireogbunam Woooohaaayyyyy
        Field Woooohaaayyyyy
        Willock Woooohaaayyyyy
        Chair Woooohaaayyyyy
        Dykes <silence no booing>
        Martin Woooohaaayyyyy
        JCS <silence no booing>
        Roberts <silence no booing>
        Kakay Woooohaaayyyyy
        Drewe Woooohaaayyyyy
        Dozzell <silence no booing>
        Johansen Woooohaaayyyyy
        Lowe Woooohaaayyyyy
        Armstrong Woooohaaayyyyy
        Adomah Woooohaaayyyyy
        Haamelainen <silence no booing>
        Balogun Woooohaaayyyyy

would never let a player know i dislike him at a game but i just cant take to the players ive singled out and im entitled to do that.

ive even been known when a certain player called dykes has scored for us to not celebrate for him just been happy and clapped where if it were Adomah for example scoring i would be cheering and going mental

for me Dykes, Dozzell, JCS and Roberts are not part of us

childish quite possibly
        but im no hypocrite and i cant cheer players i dont think should be with us

and its only this season ive ever felt like this and ive never known myself to dislike 4 or 5 players so much in my life

Comment

I agree with all the comments above, trust me I've dug out more than a few players on here in the past and as a fan I'm entitled to do that.

However, my point was I don't think now is the right time even though it would be justified. Some of this lot might not care, in fact I'm positive some don't, but some do and their confidence is shot. We need to pick them up. Some fans will be going to LR today and will be chomping at the bit to get on some of our players backs to vent their frustration. Doing that is just going to end in disaster with this squad. They need encouragement or they'll just shy away and melt. I'm old school and I hate that but it's a fact with this squad, they need backing.

Rotherham, Huddersfield and Blackpool are all united and are up for the fight. Wigan and Reading have been deducted points which has created a 'them against us' mentality and they're fighting. Only Cardiff are in a similar position to ourselves where their fans have turned.

Two wins keeps us up with 48 points. We've got 4 opportunities to do that at LR, starting today. Our away games are tough, so we need to play our part or we're going down.

Comment

Working...
          X