Masterson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masterson

When for 25 games you're struggling with the defensive part of your team; have two central defenders injured for a long time; having the two currently playing with their confidence shot .... and have a young up and coming central defender, what will you do? If you decide the QPR way, you will loan out the younger one! Gillingham are very happy with him. Saying that they would like to keep him! But our R. Madrid style board think he is not yet ready for us! He still have a lot to learn to play in such a formidable team! My God ... its the people that take decisions that will either built something special or destroy a club.

Neither MW, MB or NC thought he was good enough under any circumstances hence his loans. He needed games.

Im glad he's getting thst run of games and that hes doing well. He should be a starter next season in Chsmpionship or L1

Decisions can be looked at with the benefit of hindsight but it was the right decision at the time.

Comment

Have you actually seen him play live ?
      his worst than dickie and dunne
      his the slowest defender we got his found his level there

Comment

Out of contract this summer. He needs games, L1 his level. Not saying he can't improve but has to play games to improve.

Fair decision to send out on loan.

Comment

Gillingham fans have been saying hes been great for them.

Comment

League 1 is his level. All our lads are up for sale. Not one championship club has ever enquired about him. 24 and not getting any gametime with us has prevented him from improving and if he can't get a game ahead of dickie then he ain't going to have a career with us. Good luck to him though.

Comment

I feel a bit sorry for Masterson as he is obviously not a brilliant defender but he has'nt been given a fair chance compared to Dickie who is by far the worst centre half ever to wear a Rangers shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post
                I feel a bit sorry for Masterson as he is obviously not a brilliant defender but he has'nt been given a fair chance compared to Dickie who is by far the worst centre half ever to wear a Rangers shirt.
                Dickie is not the worse centre half we’ve had, apart from this season he’s not been too bad, we’ve had much worse CB’s than him

Comment

Can't say I've seen much of him , but not been rated by how many managers .
                  They can't all be wrong

Comment

" seasons ago under MW Masterson was doing well i thought playing for our first team

dont understand why he wasnever really considered good enough for 1st team duties since

i think hes a very good player

hope hes still with us next term think hes as good an option as Dickie if truth be known

Comment

seemed to make a good initial impression but then got nowhere near first team again.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
                        Out of contract this summer. He needs games, L1 his level. Not saying he can't improve but has to play games to improve.

If he's out of contract this summer then it's all moot..... He'll be off to Gills or whichever club fancies giving him a deal. Seems highly unlikely he'd re-sign or extend here even if we wanted him - surely he'd laugh in our faces and announce he's off to join a club that wants to actually play him.

Comment

Masterson, like most other cb` we had during the last few years or so has not excatly been blessed with concentration as his force, but he is not a slow Cb and that`s at least a start. I think he need another chance with us.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

got to be a better option than Gubbins that they seem to be scared to try

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

If league 1 is his level, then that makes him better than the players we got surely because this current crop of trash wouldn't cut it in league 1

Comment

Working...
                              X