Utterly embarrassing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utterly embarrassing

I left the game feeling ashamed of being a QPR fan today.

The game today was awful. We didn't look like we had any kind of game plan other which was bad enough but the bit that left me ashamed was our fans. We were poor throughout and let's me honest as a club every since we had a taste of the prem we've become the sing when we're winning kind of fans that capitulate and turn on our team when they need us to back the most but I've come to accept that is now part of being a QPR fan. Then came the bit that really made me ashamed - the sack the board chants. Its been less than a month since we've found out that the owners are pumping £1m every 2 weeks into the club just to keep us going but yet we as fans have become a bunch of ungrateful spoilt todlers that want more when things aren't going our way. What do you think new owners will do? Spend even more money? Somehow make the club profitable when we didn't have the facilities to grow in the early 2000s let alone now? Have you forgotten that about 15 years ago we were putting pound coins in buckets to keep the club alive?

Part of me hopes the owners do sell and we lose this bunch of entitled fans that believe they are owed success - I used to hate that people criticised us millenals as greedy kids that wanted everything handed to them and believed they were owed success and now i understand why. I'd much rather have the loyal fanbase that backed our team in league one than this lot. So Tony, Amit etc please stop funding us, let us go into administration and create an AFCQPR where the quality of football and standards might be lower but at least it will be followed by people that will have some form of loyalty and appreciation for the club regardless of success and the poisonous fans will disappear.

Sorry if it's incoherent but you get the sentiment - ungrateful fans that don't appreciate that QPR is a mid table championship club currently focussed on survivng but they have delusions of grandure that suck any joy out of our club

Originally posted by LeeCookFan View Post
    I left the game feeling ashamed of being a QPR fan today.

The game today was awful. We didn't look like we had any kind of game plan other which was bad enough but the bit that left me ashamed was our fans. We were poor throughout and let's me honest as a club every since we had a taste of the prem we've become the sing when we're winning kind of fans that capitulate and turn on our team when they need us to back the most but I've come to accept that is now part of being a QPR fan. Then came the bit that really made me ashamed - the sack the board chants. Its been less than a month since we've found out that the owners are pumping £1m every 2 weeks into the club just to keep us going but yet we as fans have become a bunch of ungrateful spoilt todlers that want more when things aren't going our way. What do you think new owners will do? Spend even more money? Somehow make the club profitable when we didn't have the facilities to grow in the early 2000s let alone now? Have you forgotten that about 15 years ago we were putting pound coins in buckets to keep the club alive?

Part of me hopes the owners do sell and we lose this bunch of entitled fans that believe they are owed success - I used to hate that people criticised us millenals as greedy kids that wanted everything handed to them and believed they were owed success and now i understand why. I'd much rather have the loyal fanbase that backed our team in league one than this lot. So Tony, Amit etc please stop funding us, let us go into administration and create an AFCQPR where the quality of football and standards might be lower but at least it will be followed by people that will have some form of loyalty and appreciation for the club regardless of success and the poisonous fans will disappear.

Sorry if it's incoherent but you get the sentiment - ungrateful fans that don't appreciate that QPR is a mid table championship club currently focussed on survivng but they have delusions of grandure that suck any joy out of our club
    Wow that's heavy mate.

Comment

As bad as it was I didnt like to booing. How is being critical of every step a footballer makes going to create a postive environment for them to do better?

Its not their fault that collectively theyre not good enough.

That £1m loss every two was down to the promotion push under Warbs thst didnt come off. It seems to have been the last roll of the dice from an investment perspective. Hopefully that wont cost us our championship status.

I dont think the players or the board deliberately go out of their way to #### things up!!

Comment

Sorry but don't buy into spoilt fans comment fifty odd years following them and been scattering of success. I webt yesterday with son and I couldn't give a toss if I went back to LR. The failure of the club is from the board room not players. They may well be pumping 2m a month in for what's dished up I'd be ashamed as a board member it's shite top to bottom.

How many fans would go now I want to follow football team in London OK qpr there for me most are family inherited like me generations followed I like others on here chucked notes coins anything in buckets to keep us afloat.

I was a st holder nearly 30 years gave it up enjoy a holiday instead nos go to fair few games both home away but with football I don’t watch the prem don't watch international games did the world Cup euros but not fussed if I miss any.

But the effort yesterday passion willingness was pi££ poor again yesterday and a round trip two of us £130 couple beers food fk it until changes are made I aint giving happy Les and Co any more as as for some of the player recruitment playing pro level beyond me and that is the root of our problems

Comment

[QUOTE=shaggy24;n2588423]Sorry but don't buy into spoilt fans comment fifty odd years following them and been scattering of success. I webt yesterday with son and I couldn't give a toss if I went back to LR. The failure of the club is from the board room not players. They may well be pumping 2m a month in for what's dished up I'd be ashamed as a board member it's shite top to bottom.

How many fans would go now I want to follow football team in London OK qpr there for me most are family inherited like me generations followed I like others on here chucked notes coins anything in buckets to keep us afloat.

I was a st holder nearly 30 years gave it up enjoy a holiday instead now go to fair few games both home away but with football I dont watch the prem don't watch international games did the world Cup euros but not fussed if I miss any.

But the effort yesterday passion willingness was pi££ poor again yesterday and a round trip two of us £130 couple beers food fk it until changes are made I aint giving happy Les and Co any more as as for some of the player recruitment playing pro level beyond me and that is the root of our problems

Comment

The board have made one mistake

they made the decision to create a role for a DOF it just causes confusion as to who is in charge of the first team our club should always be run by a manager re-name whoever is in charge of QPR from head coach and call him first team manager

this mistake is easily rectified remove Hoos and DOF Les and its as simple as that

think the board we have are great its just going to take this possible relegation for them to see they need to make this adjustment

if we survive this season i cant see them changing things, however if relegated i think lack of funds will assist them on making the right decision

Comment

Originally posted by Springboks2002 View Post

they made the decision to create a role for a DOF it just causes confusion as to who is in charge of the first team our club should always be run by a manager re-name whoever is in charge of QPR from head coach and call him first team manager

this mistake is easily rectified remove Hoos and DOF Les and its as simple as that

think the board we have are great its just going to take this possible relegation for them to see they need to make this adjustment

if we survive this season i cant see them changing things, however if relegated i think lack of funds will assist them on making the right decision
              The board obviously keeping Les and Hoos on as the front of the club and if thats their choice so be it but you have to say its not working, significant loses both financially and on the pitch its abysmal. Relegation with lower gates no sky revenue not that were decent on sky but its an income there's even more games played in L1 with the tin pot cup they have and our injury record i can only see L2 coming rather than promotion. L1 i cant see anything past administration coming the squads so injury prone we could need probably 36 players which isn't sustainable. a major over haul is needed all over the club and personally i don't see the current owners having the ability to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Springboks2002 View Post

I think at the time it was a way of overseeing the spend. But due to Warburton and Beale being allowed to recruit what they wanted we are now left (as we were after Hughes) with a gaping financial hole. But that dosent excuse the poor team display. These "Profesionals" are paid to do a job and they simple arnt. GA and his coaching team need more time. Lets hope the break will allow that to happen.

Comment

GA has had enough time to do better than hes done

that 6-1 was a horror show the 2 3-1 defeats were just about allowable but come on 6-1 against a team that lost 4-1 at home the following game?
                  and the relief i had seeing we only lost 1-0 at home to Birmingham was massive a 1-0 defeat and im almost happy by the scoreline

come on things are extremely bleak were bang in trouble

think Nathan Jones would have had the bounce

Comment

Luton are actually doing better without Jones. If you extrapolate the current form of past dozen games they are 5pts better than Sheffield United. It could be that Hatters pip Blades to 2nd spot if the current trajectories are maintained.

Comment

Working...
                    X