After A Result Like That ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After A Result Like That ...

... Gareth Ainsworth should shave his hair off.

After a result like that he should be down the road . Absolutely embarrassing

Comment

I feel sorry for Ainsworth. This is bloody hard for him. It is not his fault he was chosen.

During 150 matches Warburton, a top notch coach at this level, never conceded six and only conceded more than three on three occasions (2x4 and one time 5). Beale and Critchley never let in more than 3.

In only four matches, Ainsworths team has managed to concede 6 goals against a bottom team and two times 3.

I love Ainsworth for his time with us as a player. I love his character and he is a very likeable guy. I am desperate for him to succeed. But I cannot for my life think that he is a better qualified coach that the many other candidates around. To me, he is not up to the the standard of Critchley and I seriously question the appointment. My major worry is that his style of play reduces the chance to develop saleable players for the Premier League. Sale of players to PL is our life line (i.e., Eze) and a must if we are to excel as a club. However, I think there are few better managers in terms of instilling a fighting attitude than Ainsworth. Short term, this is important to create, as I acknowledge the mood was rock bottom before his arrival. Regrettably, this is not enough in today's world of football. You would get far in the Championship with that 15-20 years ago, but the standard of English football is now so high this is not sufficient.

We are heading for League One, if not this season then the next. The reason is financial constraints (FFP) caused by financial mismanagement. I definitely want to give Ainsworth a proper chance. If we go down this season we shall stick with him. It is important we give him backing. He can of course prove me and others wrong, but I hate to say I don't think so. My guess is that he is replaced within 12 months.

I have realised we are in for some difficult years. This is first of all due to financial mismanagement. The loss of £25m in 2021/2022 is shocking and the root of the problems. The managerial mess this season just adds to that.

However, Rangers is my team and I will be a supporter for ever. I will keep travelling to LR and pay up £400 for a round trip from Norway to watch the team a few times a year, even though I run on a modest budget. I know that better times will come.

Comment

Completely agree with you about Ainsworth and i said it as soon as he was appointed , he done ok at Wycombe getting mediocre players fired up to punch above their weight but he is the wrong appointment for us.
        Not his fault but the owners and Ferdinand for appointing him .
        We've spent all this money alledgedly over the last couple of years and what have we got to show for it , mid table finishes. The club is so badly run it is an absolute shambles from top to bottom.
        Get rid of Ferdinand and Hoos and all their cronies , don't sign anyone on more wages than we can afford , sell most of the present squad , start again and see where we end up.

Comment

No manager on earth could get much of a tune out of this lot at the moment. You can't polish a turd.

I can't see how anyone can judge him yet, it's way way too early. I'm looking at the players to give it their all in the effort department, that's all we can ask. For what it's worth I think we'll stay up with a few more points scrapped together at home. Then GA can show us what he's got next season with a fresh squad.

Comment

In reflection a harsh pen after 30 seconds and a Dieng blooper what manager can do anything about that? Pep could be in charge and individuals make to many #### ups to blame managers they need to buck up

Lose Saturday and I think we're probably dropping this clubs run like a hobby and seen better structures in pub sides

I genuinely think we drop administration will follow too many decisions are the wrong ones as for GA he's got a mountain to climb

Comment

Happens to lots. ( Pool v UTD 7-0 ) It was one of them days that nothing worked for us and everything worked for Blackpool.

Gotta move on.

Comment

Apparently Les on 40 grand a week.Appoints GA to get him out of a hole.Sacks Warburton because he had the balls to stand up and say the youths and any player coming through weren’t good enough,Ferdinands job for the boys trainers are clearly not good enough after 8 years of trying.Absolute dog #### from top to bottom at this club.Will be lucky to stay up.

Comment

Other results this week have gone our way luckily. Only mighty Blackpool picked up a win out of those around and below us.

If we can get a win on Saturday (I know a big ask given last 20 or so games) and avoid defeat against Wigan things will look a lot different. If we lose both I dread to think how things will look.

Our defence is shot and Dieng needs a break. Doesn't matter who GA puts in defence and whether flat back 4 or 3 at back with wing backs. They either aren't much good anyway or confidence shot and very below par. Put Archer in next few games and as for rest just pray. We looked good against Watford and can just hope for a few more like that before end of season to see us through.

As for GA best he can do is gee them up and try and increase confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Acton Stations View Post
                    ... Gareth Ainsworth should shave his hair off.
                    ....and be forced to go to see S Club 7 reunion gig at O2.

Comment

The recent losses are not entirely Gareth Ainsworths fault, it`s a mix of untimely injuries and loan players being brought in without checking their mentality thouroughly. What I hope for - for his and his assistant`s sake is that they persevere with 3 at the back and at least a few of the "injured" players soon will want to return to the match day squad and hence contribute to an upturn in fortunes. God knows we need it.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

GA needs to be judged next season not now.
                        This isn't his team , he's inherited a team full of slackers .
                        As pro's this lot are a shambles . They don't even do the basics at time . At corners as a defender u take a deep breath and say that ball is mine , we were so tame at Blackpool.
                        Gareth needs to get out of them what they put into the Watford game ... Minus DOSSell

Comment

Keeping up our average of letting in 3 goals every game

Comment

Originally posted by M1971 View Post
                            Apparently Les on 40 grand a week.Appoints GA to get him out of a hole.Sacks Warburton because he had the balls to stand up and say the youths and any player coming through weren’t good enough,Ferdinands job for the boys trainers are clearly not good enough after 8 years of trying.Absolute dog #### from top to bottom at this club.Will be lucky to stay up.
                            There is no way he is on 40k a week Jesus Christ .
                            max 4/5k . Mind boggles where people pull these numbers from

Comment

It’s fine,I thought it was 500k a year myself until someone told me,maybe ######## I may be totally wrong.Hands up if I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X