Ukraine day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ukraine day

Qpr v Birmingham is Ukraine day, why are we doing this, we as a nation have given millions to the Ukraine so far, there's people in this country that can't afford to put there heating on and eat and we're having a whip round for Ukraine, do it for local homeless people fair enough but to me it's just virtual signaling by the club.

Well said herts 100% agree,,and the millions the tanks and maybe more fighter jets cost. In this day and age charity must begin at home

Comment

They won’t be getting no money from me .
      rather give it to homeless charity

Comment

Whilst what's going on in Ukraine is terrible and tragic down to a lunatic. At home this country's is up shite creek with many choosing food or heat id rather we helped some old person that's worked and contributed 1st

Comment

This is too political. It’s not black and white. If we have this , why not a Palestinian Day , or a Yemen day
          The most political thing we do up to now is Poppy Day . I’m sure our foreign supporters just stay quiet and let it pass them by. That’s what I will do for the Birmingham match. But it should not happen.

Comment

I go to football to relax and enjoy myself, escape the trials and tribulations of daily life as it were. In recent years I've had that effing ruined by being subjected to incessant hectoring and lecturing with various wokey right-on messaging that has really begun getting on my wick and is starting to drive me away from the game.

Comment

When is the Turkey & Syria Earthquake Day?

Free Shema Begum Day?

Can't we just watch football without politics and worldly troubles!!!!

Comment

Ukraine is fighting our war. This is a clash of civilisations - the democratic, liberal world vs the anti democratic one. It is not very different from WWII - when the ideology of the nazi stood against the ideology of democracies in the West. If the Russians win this war, who's next? It is made even more complicated by the link between Russia and China.

When Britain and the other allies needed help during WWII, USA hesitated for a long time, but eventually decided to support Britain and other countries that fought Germany. The lend lease plan was a massive support package, similar to what is now provided by USA and Europe to Ukraine.

On top of this, millions of private individuals in USA supported in various ways. When Pearl Harbour was attacked, USA entered the war itself.

I am quite sure there were loads of poor people in USA in the 40s, but this did not stop normal Americans from seeing the bigger picture, and they provided a lot of support to Britain. There were charities set up all across America every day - also at sport events. Britain fought the war on behalf of the entire free world, next to some other countries, and were desperate for support.

I am proud that my club supports Ukraine at this paramount time. I can support both the Ukrainians that fight on our behalf and the poor ones in my own country - it is not either or.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                  Ukraine is fighting our war. This is a clash of civilisations - the democratic, liberal world vs the anti democratic one. It is not very different from WWII - when the ideology of the nazi stood against the ideology of democracies in the West. If the Russians win this war, who's next? It is made even more complicated by the link between Russia and China.

When Britain and the other allies needed help during WWII, USA hesitated for a long time, but eventually decided to support Britain and other countries that fought Germany. The lend lease plan was a massive support package, similar to what is now provided by USA and Europe to Ukraine.

On top of this, millions of private individuals in USA supported in various ways. When Pearl Harbour was attacked, USA entered the war itself.

I am quite sure there were loads of poor people in USA in the 40s, but this did not stop normal Americans from seeing the bigger picture, and they provided a lot of support to Britain. There were charities set up all across America every day - also at sport events. Britain fought the war on behalf of the entire free world, next to some other countries, and were desperate for support.

I am proud that my club supports Ukraine at this paramount time. I can support both the Ukrainians that fight on our behalf and the poor ones in my own country - it is not either or.
                  Have to agree with that. The war in Ukraine is not just about Ukraine.

Spent most of my 20s on breadline with no heating and eating out of date food. Very different to being at war against a super power. This country has gone very soft.

Comment

Id like the club to have QPR fans day where there is no trauma we simply go on the pitch do the business get three points everyone can go home happy with three points and enjoy a beer.

Not too much to ask is it ?

Comment

Qpr dont need to raise awreness of the war in Ukraine as its on the news daily in TV and Radio. I dont need to go to a football match to donate. Nice gesture though and a bit like hitting a saucepan with a wooden spoon to support the NHS during COVID. In the UK we've been leading the way with support whilst most of Europe sit on their hands and send a few helmets.

As a country we have nothing to be ashamed of. It would be nice to go to a football match and only have a football experience.

Comment

Going to a football match is for putting worries behind you for 90 minutes it's a war by proxy for Biden, there are more important things going on in the UK with people struggling.
                        so let's go to a football match or any other sport and get away from our struggles for a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                          When is the Turkey & Syria Earthquake Day?

Free Shema Begum Day?

Can't we just watch football without politics and worldly troubles!!!!
                          How did you do that?

I was in the process of signing in when a Turkey & Syria Earthquake Day came into my mind, and what's the very first post I read?

Not sure about the second suggestion though

Comment

So you think it's our war do you, i can tell you that it nothing to do with us the same as when we went into Iraq, and destroyed that region look what's happening now with all the terrorist attacks since then, we need to de escalate the situation not add to it by giving tank's missiles and fighter plane's,get around the table and try to find a solution, that's the only way this end's well.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

How did you do that?

I was in the process of signing in when a Turkey & Syria Earthquake Day came into my mind, and what's the very first post I read?

Not sure about the second suggestion though
                              Great minds and all that.

The things we are supposed to feel bad about have no boundaries. We are an awful country full of people who can only think about themselves. Poor Shema, groomed by external factors......free Shema.....(who was over the age of legal culpability when she joined a group she admitted she knew was a terrorist group)

Free Shema......!

Comment

Working...
                              X