Sensitive subject “Bame”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensitive subject “Bame”

Before anyone jumps on the “racist” bandwagon. Don’t comment because my dad is black and my mum is white ! . Now that’s out the way . To make my point .
    Les Ferdinand is all for BAME and to a certain extent I am .. however I’m also in the camp of don’t matter what colour you are or if male / female if your good enough for a job your good enough I don’t care what colour or disability you got .
    At our club I feel Les only has Chris Ramsey / Paul hall / Andy Impey / Paul furlong to make a point and is using our club to make a stand and say look im supporting BAME .
    Forget their colour as that’s irrelevant the fact is none of them are good enough for this level how many young lads we got coming thru the youth onto the first team that are good enough … none !! That’s surely to do with training and getting them to a level .. our youth coaches I don’t think are up to the job .
    Chris Ramsey was caretaker for a bit .. look how that turned out ..
    Paul hall and Paul furlong was caretaker for a bit … look how that turned out .
    I feel Les Ferdinand is using this club to show he is supporting BAME. Instead of putting the best interests of the club first .
    again im mixed race and a regular on the LSA
    I probably know most on here .. so this isn’t a racism post . It’s to put my point across that Les Ferdinand is in it for himself as they are all his mates and they are not up to the job . After 5 years tells me they are not up to the job this is why we have no youth coming thru

I think Les trusts and respects them and doubt race has anything to do with their recruitment.

But everyone is assessed on levels of success and there hasnt been enough coming through. There's no harm in making changes to freshen things up and bring in new ideas.....if there are better people out there.

Comment

Les full stop needs to be shown the door imo regardless of Bame were treading water badly under him. i don't give a toss if rupert the bears in charge as long as were run with some modicum of ambition and run without consistently making stupid errors in terms of daft contracts and someone get in that can get a tune out of the players

Comment

Aaron Drewe and Joe Gubbins came through ranks, listed on 1st Team Squad. Yet to make team but training with first team.

Sinclair Armstrong started with youth team, now first team squad.

Some are coming through, agree not enough.

I'm hoping Neil Critchley will involve 1-2 young players with First Team Training. 1st Team Manager has to look at them, test them, give some feedback to U23 coaches. If you can't cut mustard training with 1st Team, you'll never do it on pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
          Before anyone jumps on the “racist” bandwagon. Don’t comment because my dad is black and my mum is white ! . Now that’s out the way . To make my point .
          Les Ferdinand is all for BAME and to a certain extent I am .. however I’m also in the camp of don’t matter what colour you are or if male / female if your good enough for a job your good enough I don’t care what colour or disability you got .
          At our club I feel Les only has Chris Ramsey / Paul hall / Andy Impey / Paul furlong to make a point and is using our club to make a stand and say look im supporting BAME .
          Forget their colour as that’s irrelevant the fact is none of them are good enough for this level how many young lads we got coming thru the youth onto the first team that are good enough … none !! That’s surely to do with training and getting them to a level .. our youth coaches I don’t think are up to the job .
          I feel Les Ferdinand is using this club to show he is supporting BAME. Instead of putting the best interests of the club first .
          I probably know most on here .. so this isn’t a racism post . It’s to put my point across that Les Ferdinand is in it for himself as they are all his mates and they are not up to the job . After 5 years tells me they are not up to the job this is why we have no youth coming thru
          Totally agree, to be quite honest for what it produces I would get rid of the whole academy setup, guessing it would save a fair bit of money, Les and his mates of whatever colour have basically not done a very good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post

Totally agree, to be quite honest for what it produces I would get rid of the whole academy setup, guessing it would save a fair bit of money, Les and his mates of whatever colour have basically not done a very good job.
            The academy costs don't count against FFP, so nothing to gain from slashing those costs. I agree that the academy hasn't been a success, but that does not rule out the chance of success in the future, particularly now that we have invested in better facilities. However, I agree with the other observations though, and that is that we probably need to strengthen or change the academy staffing team as well as the youth scouting team, because we have had very little success in that department over a number of years.

Comment

Completely agree with you on this .
              Ferdinand definately got an agenda here , he's even up on some awards list .
              We also employ some Asian woman as a youth coach , says it all really , our youth system is a complete shambles.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
                Aaron Drewe and Joe Gubbins came through ranks, listed on 1st Team Squad. Yet to make team but training with first team.

Sinclair Armstrong started with youth team, now first team squad.

Some are coming through, agree not enough.

I'm hoping Neil Critchley will involve 1-2 young players with First Team Training. 1st Team Manager has to look at them, test them, give some feedback to U23 coaches. If you can't cut mustard training with 1st Team, you'll never do it on pitch.
                joe Gubbins only play pre season then gets loaned out to non league teams like Oxford city , he's never going to make it at Championship level.
                Armstrong came from a team in Ireland , hardly our youth product.
                I think Drewe is on loan at Orient and is'nt a regular starter for them .
                Nearly all our older youths are rejects from other youth teams , i know it worked with Ezebut does'nt seem to be any others .

Comment

When one of my kids played in the he east Berks league , Ascot United nicked or tried to nick all the best young players . Ascot then notified Chelsea who came and had a look .
                  Never knew off any QPR scouts about and I've got 5 boys that played football .

Comment

Have nothing against Ramsey, Hall or Furlong and Ramsey certainly very respected in the game.

I do though agree that accentuating BAME is just part of the political correctness movement that seems to plague most parts of society and is if anything counterproductive to it's stated aims. It turns people off. Like telling people to bend the knee makes most of them want to stand up.

Personally couldn't care less about someone's race, gender, sexual orientation or anything else. If they generally treat other people nicely then that is all I want to see. Pushing BAME just creates divisions.

Going back to football and any other part of life should be all based on ability, nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post

joe Gubbins only play pre season then gets loaned out to non league teams like Oxford city , he's never going to make it at Championship level.
                      Armstrong came from a team in Ireland , hardly our youth product.
                      I think Drewe is on loan at Orient and is'nt a regular starter for them .
                      Nearly all our older youths are rejects from other youth teams , i know it worked with Ezebut does'nt seem to be any others .
                      Fair point. Undoubtedly I'm being generous claiming Gubbins and Drewe as developed players. We have to decide this summer, either play next season or release. Can't just hang around for another year.

Disagree about Armstrong, joined development squad. They did their job getting him to 1st team.

I'm happy with picking up players between 16-19, but get them out on loan, see what they can do. For example, Rafferty Pedder, 21 soon, not played any 1st team football, even National League. Can he handle pressure playing away in front of hostile crowd. Coaches have no idea.

Comment

Ditto for the last two sponsors? Neither of which (Ashville or Convivia) , looking at companies house, appear able to afford sponsorship of a championship club. Both owners thanked Les personally for his involvement in the deals. Not sure how involved other DOFs are in commercial deals

Comment

Originally posted by Dunraven View Post

Ditto for the last two sponsors? Neither of which (Ashville or Convivia) , looking at companies house, appear able to afford sponsorship of a championship club. Both owners thanked Les personally for his involvement in the deals. Not sure how involved other DOFs are in commercial deals
                          And both were my colour.. you see the pattern he don’t think bame get enough chance in life as you said they can’t afford to sponsor a championship team . So his just giving them a platform.. over money
                          when we had the Italians in charge we had big multi million pound sponsorships . Even with Fernandes we had his air line ..
                          All evidence points to Les Ferdinand has a big influence on who comes into the club . And picks colour over money and what’s best for the club .. for his on agenda . Im convinced his racist

Comment

Working...
                          X