Foreign Free Agents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign Free Agents

Surely we can sign a free agent CF to fill a gap? There must be someone out there who will come to London for a six month gig? Hopefully someone will come in over the next week no the official window for contracted players is over. We need some cover up top.

Most free agents are well into their 30s and have patchy fitness records. Sammy Ameobi and Lewis Grabban for instance..... I'd rather just give number 9 shirt to Jimmy Dunne frankly. Plus, I have the impression we are skint and even 6 months of average Championship wages is beyond our means and there will be plenty of other clubs who'd pip us to the signature by dint of offering better pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
      Most free agents are well into their 30s and have patchy fitness records. Sammy Ameobi and Lewis Grabban for instance..... I'd rather just give number 9 shirt to Jimmy Dunne frankly. Plus, I have the impression we are skint and even 6 months of average Championship wages is beyond our means and there will be plenty of other clubs who'd pip us to the signature by dint of offering better pay.
      I remember Holloway playing Georges Santos as the CF target man away to Leeds. We lost that game 5-1 after we went 1-0 up. Brian Deane scored four and I left the ground to chants of "Deano for England".

But you make a good point, why cant Dunne be a target man up front if thats what we need. Surely he can bring the ball down and pass it to Chair, Willock etc. Personally, I think we'll play it on the deck and have Lowe up top.

Amazing that Rotherham could afford to bring in Hugill and we are where we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I remember Holloway playing Georges Santos as the CF target man away to Leeds. We lost that game 5-1 after we went 1-0 up. Brian Deane scored four and I left the ground to chants of "Deano for England".

But you make a good point, why cant Dunne be a target man up front if thats what we need. Surely he can bring the ball down and pass it to Chair, Willock etc. Personally, I think we'll play it on the deck and have Lowe up top.

Amazing that Rotherham could afford to bring in Hugill and we are where we are.
        Hugill permanent deal until June 2026. That is some commitment from Rotherham. Could we compete with three year deal for 30 year old CF.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

Hugill permanent deal until June 2026. That is some commitment from Rotherham. Could we compete with three year deal for 30 year old CF.
          We could have offered a two-year deal and emphasised that he wouldnt have to live in Rotherham?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

We could have offered a two-year deal and emphasised that he wouldnt have to live in Rotherham?

F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

Working...
            X