3G/4G Pitches in the EFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3G/4G Pitches in the EFL

Given the incredible number of games being postponed in the EFL in the past week or so, I genuinely wonder whether it is time to allow clubs to install artificial pitches, in the Championship, League 1 and League 2.

Ive seen many non-league clubs have gone down that route and its worked out to be incredibly beneficial to them, it stops them having to postpone games for frozen pitches and stuff which costs them revenue and it allows them to open the pitch up for non-matchday use.

I wonder what everyones thoughts are on this? I personally think its time the EFL allowed clubs to do this.

Anyone for Omniturf? Only as long as we can have El Tel as boss! Ahhh those were the days…

Comment

groundsmen are getting far to precious our last 4 games on a Sunday have been called off for either waterlogged or frozen pitch .
      Play the conditions

Comment

Those pitches cause more injuries. But the grass these days are modified and include an element of plastic.

Even if the surface is good to play on games get cancelled for fans safety in the ground and travelling to it. Nanny State FFS.

Waste of money for us and before long we'll be getting 70c winters. Not like when i was a young........!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
          groundsmen are getting far to precious our last 4 games on a Sunday have been called off for either waterlogged or frozen pitch .
          Play the conditions
          I just think allowing artificial pitches in the EFL is a logical step forward.

I do see a increasing number of teams putting in an artificial pitch, especially at non-league level, and ive seen some clubs make six figure sums a year from letting local teams hire their pitch.

If UEFA allow it, why dont the EFL, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

We have artificial pitches in Sweden its dreadful its not even the same sport. The ball goes to fast there is no tacklings. The teams who have it are very strong at home but very bad away on natural grass. A big no no for me.

Comment

Working...
            X