Squad for next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad for next season

it might be too early but i just want to take everyone through the squad so far for next season.

Seny Dieng - GK
    Joe Walsh - GK
    Osman Kakay - RB
    Rob Dickie - CB
    Jake Clarke Salter - CB
    Jimmy Dunne - CB
    Kenneth Paal - LB
    Niko Hamalainen - LB
    Sam Field - DM
    Andre Dozzell - CM
    Stefan Johansen - CM
    Eiljah Dixon Bonner - CM
    Ilias Chair - AM
    Ody Alfa - LW
    Albert Adomah - RW
    Lyndon Dykes - CF
    Sinclair Armstrong - CF
    Charlie Kelman - CF

We do have options to extend for 12 months in Willock's contract, which I can see us taking up. I think the rest will be let go on frees.

All I can say is that regardless of where we finish this season, there will be a major rebuild come the summer.

Contracts expire for Dixon-Bonner, Kelman and Alfa this summer. Kelman and Alfa not having great loan spells. Surely time for them to find clubs at lower level to QPR.

Dixon-Bonner, never made 1st team appearance anywhere, contract ends this summer. Not made bench for us. Why give him another year.

Rest will be here unless sold.

We need to cut 1st team squad to around 22 players, leaves room for U21s to step up for training and subs bench

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
      Contracts expire for Dixon-Bonner, Kelman and Alfa this summer. Kelman and Alfa not having great loan spells. Surely time for them to find clubs at lower level to QPR.

Dixon-Bonner, never made 1st team appearance anywhere, contract ends this summer. Not made bench for us. Why give him another year.

Rest will be here unless sold.

We need to cut 1st team squad to around 22 players, leaves room for U21s to step up for training and subs bench
      22 is far too small imo.

Also, U21 players dont have to be registered, so there is no point cutting a significant number of the squad out for them

I think a squad size of 25 is about right.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

22 is far too small imo.

Also, U21 players dont have to be registered, so there is no point cutting a significant number of the squad out for them

I think a squad size of 25 is about right.
        Let's meet in middle, 23 and a half players then. We always have plenty I'd regard as half a player.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

Let's meet in middle, 23 and a half players then. We always have plenty I'd regard as half a player.
          Id say 23 is fair.

Comment

Does set out how thin the squad is in reality. Upside is it will give Critchley (or whoever is manager then!) some space to add bodies albeit with the perennial problem of doing it on a budget around the zero mark. Will be freebies and loans in the main.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              Does set out how thin the squad is in reality. Upside is it will give Critchley (or whoever is manager then!) some space to add bodies albeit with the perennial problem of doing it on a budget around the zero mark. Will be freebies and loans in the main.
              It does concern me a bit, however you do hope that Crichley will be given the space to bring in his own players, and he will certainly have strong contacts.

Also, the new training ground will be fully completed, and that will help in terms of attracting players as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
                it might be too early but i just want to take everyone through the squad so far for next season.

Seny Dieng - GK
                Joe Walsh - GK
                Osman Kakay - RB
                Rob Dickie - CB
                Jake Clarke Salter - CB
                Jimmy Dunne - CB
                Kenneth Paal - LB
                Niko Hamalainen - LB
                Sam Field - DM
                Andre Dozzell - CM
                Stefan Johansen - CM
                Eiljah Dixon Bonner - CM
                Ilias Chair - AM
                Ody Alfa - LW
                Albert Adomah - RW
                Lyndon Dykes - CF
                Sinclair Armstrong - CF
                Charlie Kelman - CF

We do have options to extend for 12 months in Willock's contract, which I can see us taking up. I think the rest will be let go on frees.

All I can say is that regardless of where we finish this season, there will be a major rebuild come the summer.
                8th name down give me nightmare if he's here for another season Nico i reckon at 53 im better than he is

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

8th name down give me nightmare if he's here for another season Nico i reckon at 53 im better than he is
                  I wonder if we might get Darnell Furlong back, hes only started 9 games for West Brom this season.

Comment

I would duff at least 90% of them if the current campaign just stutters along in its current fashion until May. Even players who, on the face of it, appear decent/okay have ultimately failed to deliver tangible results - I can't see point in entering a THIRD season with a bunch who have delivered sod all and haven't looked remotely like a team that can achieve promotion this season and last.. obviously this season isnt over so its over to them to pull their fingers out in coming months, look like a team that might kick-on and earn a place in next season's squad.

Comment

Aaron Drewe, Right Back, listed in 1st team squad. Has to play or leave next season. 22 next month.

Beale said wasn't ready yet earlier in season.

Agree with comments about Critchley contacts. Hopefully bears fruit

Comment

If we're going to continue signing players that can only manage 50% of games due to injury, we need a squad of 22 and then additional versatile players to cover defence, midfield and forward. Whatever the names we need a squad of 28 players of similar ability.

Or, we pay more and go for more reliable players and cut the quantity down to 25.

Comment

I really hope we will retain Luke Amos.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                            I really hope we will retain Luke Amos.
                            Since his injury season in 20/21 he managed 29 appearances 21/22 and has made 12 appearances so far in 22/23.

I dont get to as many games as I'd like up others will know whether hes still the player he was after two nasty injuries. He seems to be getting the appearances in. I suppose any deal will be based upon how many times he gets on the pitch. Seems to be a decent squad player but not one we'll be able to sell for big money. Im sure there are other players our there that offer the same. All down to money.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Since his injury season in 20/21 he managed 29 appearances 21/22 and has made 12 appearances so far in 22/23.

I dont get to as many games as I'd like up others will know whether hes still the player he was after two nasty injuries. He seems to be getting the appearances in. I suppose any deal will be based upon how many times he gets on the pitch. Seems to be a decent squad player but not one we'll be able to sell for big money. Im sure there are other players our there that offer the same. All down to money.

I get that football is a result business and seldom allows room for sentiments - that`s all fair enough, SheepRanger, but the fact that he played so well in the matches(his last one was atually sublime) just before he did his ACl is so annoying... However: Thumbs up for a another chance for Luke Amos.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X