Where is the passion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the passion?

I've supported The Hoops for nearly 60 years, seen great players (Marsh, Bowles, Seaman, Francis, Thomas etc.) all proud to pull on the shirt, even when things were not going well. Add to that managers like Sexton and Jago and the club has a rich history. We were forward thinking with the famous "plastic pitch" and fans, staff and players alike saw QPR as being a club worthy of belonging to. Today players seem more concerned about keeping their eyes on their market valuation and where their next move will be than digging the club out of a hole. Blame the manager? Maybe, but he can only pick from the squad he has. Blame the owners? Maybe, if they don't back the manager during this transfer window, but most of all, blame the players who have lost the passion to play for the shirt. Premier league football will evade us until we have players who play passionately when winning or losing, out of a love for the club and not the money.

It has not been right since Ferdinand took over.He has a big say in who is employed.He put Ramsey in charge when we were in the premiership(coached u21s)he took our Chileans out of the team for Matt Phillips(championship) and Sean wright Phillips..Harry Rednapp left.Our home form was fine.Nothing since had convinced me that he is doing a good job or the coaches from the 21s up to the first team.A sale of Eze for 20 mill was a one off.We employ a coach who was at AstonVilla under Gerard who eventually got the sack.He was at Blackpool who got promoted on long ball football,before that he coached kids.What direction is this club going in under his leadership.Plenty of good managers without jobs,but we go for coaching,managers who have coached kids.The players are not going to listen to a coach like that when things are going bad.Some of the loans came because they wanted to play for Beale.Roberts from Leeds moans about everything on the pitch thinking he should not be here,(your not that good).We have a good team with the right manager we can push on but the people from the top keep employing the wrong choice.Warburton was ok,Beale was a stroke of luck but his record was nt brilliant but the players obviously believed in him and we played well.Honestly the coaching set up from the kids to the first team is crap.1 player Eze has sold for good money.Willock will leave for nothing in the summer and Chair and Deing could leave for less then 5 mill.Brilliant business.We play Shodipo ,ok he tries hard but after 8 years do we think we are going to get an Mbappe out of him and yet we give him another contrac.t.Niko another 1.You need a manager who has respect of the players so they know whose boss,like Tan hagg at Utd,A coach who does not put out best 2 players on the pitch at the same time in his first 3/4 Games and the then subs one of them to bring the other I is pathetic if they are fit.Dykes is a workhorse not a scorer (only for Scotland)misses open goals for us.The club is a shambles from top to bottom.Les saying that a manager has to fit In with what we are doing.What the #### is it you are doing Les.All the other clubs just get on with it quiety.As a supporter when I pay for something I want to get something back not negative rubbish you put out their.Funny when we do well your all over the Tv taking plaudits then 5 games later we have not won you all go quiet.Why don’t you just #### off and do us all a favour,

Comment

Originally posted by M1971 View Post
      It has not been right since Ferdinand took over.He has a big say in who is employed.He put Ramsey in charge when we were in the premiership(coached u21s)he took our Chileans out of the team for Matt Phillips(championship) and Sean wright Phillips..Harry Rednapp left.Our home form was fine.Nothing since had convinced me that he is doing a good job or the coaches from the 21s up to the first team.A sale of Eze for 20 mill was a one off.We employ a coach who was at AstonVilla under Gerard who eventually got the sack.He was at Blackpool who got promoted on long ball football,before that he coached kids.What direction is this club going in under his leadership.Plenty of good managers without jobs,but we go for coaching,managers who have coached kids.The players are not going to listen to a coach like that when things are going bad.Some of the loans came because they wanted to play for Beale.Roberts from Leeds moans about everything on the pitch thinking he should not be here,(your not that good).We have a good team with the right manager we can push on but the people from the top keep employing the wrong choice.Warburton was ok,Beale was a stroke of luck but his record was nt brilliant but the players obviously believed in him and we played well.Honestly the coaching set up from the kids to the first team is crap.1 player Eze has sold for good money.Willock will leave for nothing in the summer and Chair and Deing could leave for less then 5 mill.Brilliant business.We play Shodipo ,ok he tries hard but after 8 years do we think we are going to get an Mbappe out of him and yet we give him another contrac.t.Niko another 1.You need a manager who has respect of the players so they know whose boss,like Tan hagg at Utd,A coach who does not put out best 2 players on the pitch at the same time in his first 3/4 Games and the then subs one of them to bring the other I is pathetic if they are fit.Dykes is a workhorse not a scorer (only for Scotland)misses open goals for us.The club is a shambles from top to bottom.Les saying that a manager has to fit In with what we are doing.What the #### is it you are doing Les.All the other clubs just get on with it quiety.As a supporter when I pay for something I want to get something back not negative rubbish you put out their.Funny when we do well your all over the Tv taking plaudits then 5 games later we have not won you all go quiet.Why don’t you just #### off and do us all a favour,
      Hard to disagree with any of this

Great post

Comment

So you would of kept Harry Redchap too? Unbelievable
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

No,not saying to keep Rednapp at all ,just saying the recruitment has never been great apart from a few.

Comment

We are basically a tinpot second tier team. It's unreasonable to expect us to recruit top quality personnel - we have to take a punt, like with say Beale or Armstrong.

There are loads of other skint tinpot teams in our division so it's a fairly level playing field. We are competing with likes of PNE, Luton, Millwall, Blackburn, Coventry, Hull etc to scrape into top 6. I feel too many of these similarly sized/resourced clubs are outgunning us at the moment though.

Personally I'd set the goal of avoiding relegation this season and utilise remaining games for Critchley to assess the squad with a view to a massive clear out in the summer.

We need to think like a team that's come up from League One...... Avoid the drop and spend time consolidating and building a base to kick on from. I think most fans would accept that as long as it felt like progress was being made. At the moment I feel we're stuck in reverse gear and heading nowhere fast and lots of us are getting cheesed off and disaffected.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Personally I'd set the goal of avoiding relegation this season and utilise remaining games for Critchley to assess the squad with a view to a massive clear out in the summer
              Like deja vous, it's sad but this almost appears to be our position every season.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                We are basically a tinpot second tier team. It's unreasonable to expect us to recruit top quality personnel - we have to take a punt, like with say Beale or Armstrong.

There are loads of other skint tinpot teams in our division so it's a fairly level playing field. We are competing with likes of PNE, Luton, Millwall, Blackburn, Coventry, Hull etc to scrape into top 6. I feel too many of these similarly sized/resourced clubs are outgunning us at the moment though.

Personally I'd set the goal of avoiding relegation this season and utilise remaining games for Critchley to assess the squad with a view to a massive clear out in the summer.

We need to think like a team that's come up from League One...... Avoid the drop and spend time consolidating and building a base to kick on from. I think most fans would accept that as long as it felt like progress was being made. At the moment I feel we're stuck in reverse gear and heading nowhere fast and lots of us are getting cheesed off and disaffected.
                Clear out is easier said than done ,. Who Is going to take them , the modern day footballer will sit on his backside and see out his contract , not bothered to if he's selected or not
                Look at SWP sat in the reserves picking up his huge wage refusing to go out on loan .. no doubt he'll be on at HT at sometime being inducted into our hall of fame .

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post

Clear out is easier said than done ,. Who Is going to take them , the modern day footballer will sit on his backside and see out his contract , not bothered to if he's selected or not
                  Look at SWP sat in the reserves picking up his huge wage refusing to go out on loan .. no doubt he'll be on at HT at sometime being inducted into our hall of fame .
                  Spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by M1971 View Post
                    Wow. NC is not at fault for this current situation. It`s the players, their agents, and player recruitment. Sir Les and the Board also.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

The reason a clearout is tough is some tw@t in a boardroom gave players like Nico 4 Yr deals, Thomas, owens, Bettache signing Dozzell Washington bonne for decent money still think those above doing decent job ? I think Holloway was Eze doing as well

Comment

Working...
                      X