Nico Hamaleinen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nico Hamaleinen

What does this man have on the QPR Hierarchy.

He has had and still has long time left until his contract expires and throughout his time here has not shown anything.

He chose unbelievably well when selecting his agent.

i believe his weekly wage is above many of our first team regulars.
    Guessing soon be pushing for another contract extension !!!

He is our modern say SWP, but without the previous career to con his way in.

What has he got on us that has him paid handsomely for doing jack sh*t !!!

Fair play though

Good "NOT WORK" if you can get it !!!

Comment

The weird thing with him is that when he was on loan in Scotland he was doing really well and his performances for Finland were decent too

I remember many of us were looking forward to him coming back to us having proven himself

His confidence is shot, he hides, is clumsy, gives the ball away cheaply

Not sure what the answer is - pay him off maybe, try and send him out on loan again? Who knows?

Comment

Mem you would look good playing football in Scotland.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

We have to dish out 4 or 5 year contracts if we are to sell players for a decent wedge. Can't really blame club for seeking to tie him down on a long lucrative contract given he did seem a decent prospect. Obviously it's panned out disastrously but, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Comment

Made four appearances and we give 4 year deal. We have to offer contracts based on "now", not potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
              Made four appearances and we give 4 year deal. We have to offer contracts based on "now", not potential.
              But he was a "kid" coming through. You have to make a judgement on their potential. With someone like Eze or Chair it panned out okay and the contract Eze was on meant we could command £16 million for him. If we had been cautious and just gave him a shorter contract pending his further development and full transition to the 1st XI he'd have walked away on a free or for peanuts.
              I remember everyone getting excited about young Furlong after one game so the concept of making a quick judgement is pretty much established with these younger players - I'm guessing Nico looked the part in those initial 4 games and hence club felt they needed to protect their asset and get him tied down.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                We have to dish out 4 or 5 year contracts if we are to sell players for a decent wedge. Can't really blame club for seeking to tie him down on a long lucrative contract given he did seem a decent prospect. Obviously it's panned out disastrously but, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
                Might make sense if he's on pittance but apparently he's on 8k a week!! He's never been a decent prospect imo. Always been crap and gutless. Move him on. Whoever gave him that contract on those terms needs to be sent to that castaway island that Tom hanks was on!!

Comment

But he was a "kid" coming through. You have to make a judgement on their potential. With someone like Eze or Chair it panned out okay and the contract Eze was on meant we could command £16 million for him. If we had been cautious and just gave him a shorter contract pending his further development and full transition to the 1st XI he'd have walked away on a free or for peanuts.
                  I remember everyone getting excited about young Furlong after one game so the concept of making a quick judgement is pretty much established with these younger players - I'm guessing Nico looked the part in those initial 4 games and hence club felt they needed to protect their asset and get him tied down.
                  23 when he signed 4 year deal. He'll be 27 when he leaves in summer 2024. Not going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

Might make sense if he's on pittance but apparently he's on 8k a week!! He's never been a decent prospect imo. Always been crap and gutless. Move him on. Whoever gave him that contract on those terms needs to be sent to that castaway island that Tom hanks was on!!
                    He is probably on £2000-2500 a week.

Hämälainen, Kakay and Dieng were signed during the summer of 2020, all signing 4 year contracts. All three signings were a bit of a gamble. Dieng had not played a single match for QPR, but have had five loan spells from 2016 to 2020 with respectively Whitehawk, Hampton & Richmond, Stevenage, Dundee, and Doncaster at the time. He did well for Doncaster, but was not always a regular (27 matches in one season). It was risky to give him a long contract.

Hämälainen looked less of a risk at the time. He had played a full season for Kilmarnock in the Scottish Premier League and got good reviews. He was nominated for left back of the season in Scotland and he played for Finland. I remember seeing him playing against France, thinking we had a very promising future player in our ranks. He kept the French winger quiet most of the match.

Kakay had a less prolific loan spell with Partick Thistle. However, during the covid lock down he got a few matches for QPR at the end of the 2019/2020 season and impressed.

However, at the time, Dieng did not look less of a gamble than Hämälainen and Kakay. The club tied them down to long deals - the only financial option in today's football.

If football clubs get one out of three signings of young players right, they do very well. QPR has, overall, done fantastic with these 2020 signings because of Dieng.

I think we, as supporters, must read the bigger picture. Any idiot can, with hindsight, identify which signings did not work out. There is bound to be some. There are very few football clubs that do not get most of these sort of signings wrong. However, QPR has done very well with free young signings such as Eze, Chair, Dieng, and Armstrong, and cheap young signings such as Willock, Field, Dickie, Dunne, Paal, Clark-Salter and more. I think we have done better than 8 out of 10 Championship clubs.

I find it appalling to pick on one cheap signing that did not work out when the sum of the signings we have done the last few years is excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

He is probably on £2000-2500 a week.

Hämälainen, Kakay and Dieng were signed during the summer of 2020, all signing 4 year contracts. All three signings were a bit of a gamble. Dieng had not played a single match for QPR, but have had five loan spells from 2016 to 2020 with respectively Whitehawk, Hampton & Richmond, Stevenage, Dundee, and Doncaster at the time. He did well for Doncaster, but was not always a regular (27 matches in one season). It was risky to give him a long contract.

Hämälainen looked less of a risk at the time. He had played a full season for Kilmarnock in the Scottish Premier League and got good reviews. He was nominated for left back of the season in Scotland and he played for Finland. I remember seeing him playing against France, thinking we had a very promising future player in our ranks. He kept the French winger quiet most of the match.

Kakay had a less prolific loan spell with Partick Thistle. However, during the covid lock down he got a few matches for QPR at the end of the 2019/2020 season and impressed.

However, at the time, Dieng did not look less of a gamble than Hämälainen and Kakay. The club tied them down to long deals - the only financial option in today's football.

If football clubs get one out of three signings of young players right, they do very well. QPR has, overall, done fantastic with these 2020 signings because of Dieng.

I think we, as supporters, must read the bigger picture. Any idiot can, with hindsight, identify which signings did not work out. There is bound to be some. There are very few football clubs that do not get most of these sort of signings wrong. However, QPR has done very well with free young signings such as Eze, Chair, Dieng, and Armstrong, and cheap young signings such as Willock, Field, Dickie, Dunne, Paal, Clark-Salter and more. I think we have done better than 8 out of 10 Championship clubs.

I find it appalling to pick on one cheap signing that did not work out when the sum of the signings we have done the last few years is excellent.
                      How is it appalling? The lad has no desire or guts. It doesn't matter how much he's on. He gets a chance to prove us wrong every pre season and when a new manager comes in the door and yet he never takes it. The least a player should give is 100%. He prob has more ability than ossie but ossie would run through a brick wall for this club. Niko wouldn't even get out of the startig blocks. No one wants him even as a loan signing. He's wasting his career but that's his choice. I get the club has to gamble and thankfully it's worked out in recent times. But we have a lot of players on our books who need to be moved on. This lad is one of them​​​​​​​.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

23 when he signed 4 year deal. He'll be 27 when he leaves in summer 2024. Not going anywhere.
                        I do agree that many of our "kids" are fully fledged adult men who ought to be more or less the finished article - I suppose developmentally they are "kids" irrespective of their age.

I was quite hopeful Beale might have been able to coach likes of Bettache, Hamaleinen and Shodipo into fully fledged first team squad players. Obviously he cleared off so maybe Critchley can do something with them? That's a big ask but it's gotta be worth a go if we cant just offload them.

Comment

I do agree that many of our "kids" are fully fledged adult men who ought to be more or less the finished article - I suppose developmentally they are "kids" irrespective of their age.

I was quite hopeful Beale might have been able to coach likes of Bettache, Hamaleinen and Shodipo into fully fledged first team squad players. Obviously he cleared off so maybe Critchley can do something with them? That's a big ask but it's gotta be worth a go if we cant just offload them.
                          I can't see Critchley doing anything much with them. Nico doesn't have it in him full stop. Even in his season in Scotland I remember hearing that after a good start he faded badly. Bettache I liked from the cameos we saw a few years ago but last I saw was not getting game time even in lower leagues. Shopido tries and has pace so wouldn't entirely rule him out as a squad player but by footballing standards is no longer a youngster. I am more hoping he can help Armstrong and our younger more established players too.

Comment

Mick Beale signed Taylor and Tim on loan. Sent Bettache, Owen and Duke-Mckenna out on loan. Obviously, didn't think they were up to it. They're probably not.

Comment

I would not be surprised if we saw him go in January.

Our squad is a little over inflated in terms of numbers, so I do expect a few to go ether permanently or on loan.

Comment

Working...
                              X