Charlie Owens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Owens

Just noticed that he's turned 25 today. He's never going to play for us yet he's been here for a few years. I understand he's had rotten luck with injury but how can it be worthwhile giving him a living when he really won't have a career with us.

We have so many lads on our books who won't get a game this year or next yet we still offer contracts out to them. Masterson is another. We have a b team full of sub standard players yet we moan we can't sign players due to lack of money available. Why are we paying so many lads just to train 5 days a week??

It wouldn't be allowed to happen in many other businesses yet in football its commonplace. At qpr it's the norm..I don't remember us having so many crap reserve players in the 90s!!

This site shows current salaries but i have no idea how accurate it is?

https://www.capology.com/club/qpr/salaries/

Owen's salary for 20/21 was listed at £1,750 a week. But i think he signed a one year extension since then to prove his fitness. No idea whst he on, but a damn sight more that a lot of people get today.

Comment

He should be on 500 a week or released. When was the last time he played a game? He will probably be loaned out again. Feels like he is on charity money which our club surely could better spend elsewhere.

Comment

Nothing surprises me anymore . Who makes these decisions .He's 25 for god's sake

Comment

On loan at Colchester.

Quote from their website "The midfielder has been very unlucky with injuries and has been playing with U21s to gain game time".

Sad for him, time to get coaching badges.

Comment

Exactly. Shame but we aren't a charity case. Although when you see the amount of players on our books it looks like we are a charity.

Comment

Working...
            X