Well that was a motivational comment I made and it worked lol

Comment

Don't think the players, or anyone else for that matter, are up for it
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

England have always just done enough in qualifications and friendlies due to club commitments.

There will be no doubting their commitment at the WC. But whether theyre good enough remains to be seen. The the last two tournaments suggest they'll be in the latter stages.

Its not the manager its the players prioritising effort to minimise injuries.

Comment

Southgate struggles to make an impact 90% of the time with subs

fair enough we got back v Germany but they are shite tbh. Go for it and unleash some pace and power why Toney didn’t get a run beyond me as for maguire he’s shot on confidence and should stay at home

Comment

Presume folks have seen that tubthumping stirring speech by actor Michael Sheen to the Welsh players? Well that encapsulates what it means to them (and most foreign nationals) to represent their country.

However, I don't get any sense whatsoever that any of the millionaire ponces who pull on an England shirt feel remotely the same about playing for England. Looks like a chore and inconvenience to them. I reckon they only do it to boost their sponsorship opportunities and raise their personal profile.

Southgate is a disgrace. He's a total duffer, a blazer, a waistcoat, a hand-wringing tosspot. Between him and the players I really can't give a monkey's about the England football team anymore.

Comment

Spot on.
              I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                Presume folks have seen that tubthumping stirring speech by actor Michael Sheen to the Welsh players? Well that encapsulates what it means to them (and most foreign nationals) to represent their country.

However, I don't get any sense whatsoever that any of the millionaire ponces who pull on an England shirt feel remotely the same about playing for England. Looks like a chore and inconvenience to them. I reckon they only do it to boost their sponsorship opportunities and raise their personal profile.

Southgate is a disgrace. He's a total duffer, a blazer, a waistcoat, a hand-wringing tosspot. Between him and the players I really can't give a monkey's about the England football team anymore.

Strongly suspect that one sentence speaks for an awful lot of football fans in this country.
                Certainly for me it does.

Can't stand the sheer hypocrisy of making players take the knee and then sending them out to play in Qatar either.
                We should be boycotting the event and so should many others.

Won't be watching a single game.

Comment

Working...
                X