FFP or whatever it is called today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFP or whatever it is called today.

FellowR’s please indulge me, would the following be legal, I may be going bonkers, but….

As an example, If some mad rich tycoon wanted to invest £40 million in our beloved club, would it be legal and above board to designate 4 seats in W12 at £10 million each as season tickets, this rich mad tycoon buys them and we get the proceeds, then at some convenient juncture he becomes legally involved with club at board level.

Please feel free to pull this to ribbons….but in a nice way, after all it is Sunday.

I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Basic answer ,no. The EFL have closed the loophole of overvaluing assets after the Pride Park fiasco.
    But that doesn't stop the buzz this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
      FellowR’s please indulge me, would the following be legal, I may be going bonkers, but….

As an example, If some mad rich tycoon wanted to invest £40 million in our beloved club, would it be legal and above board to designate 4 seats in W12 at £10 million each as season tickets, this rich mad tycoon buys them and we get the proceeds, then at some convenient juncture he becomes legally involved with club at board level.

Please feel free to pull this to ribbons….but in a nice way, after all it is Sunday.

Well I'm loving the story, and I'd like to dream it can happen.
      This ffp is totally ####in #### init.
      Just aids the few big sides, efl have created a closed shop premier league

Comment

I think that was the basis of the Man City investigation - an OTT sponsorship by Eithad Airways. Even their shareholders protested that it wasnt value for money for the company.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
          Basic answer ,no. The EFL have closed the loophole of overvaluing assets after the Pride Park fiasco.
          But that doesn't stop the buzz this morning.
          it certainly doesn’t, but thanks for the answer.
          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Newcastle did it

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...heory-22989314

Comment

Premiership where they don't care where the money comes from.

Comment

Working...
              X