Comparisons 21/22 and 22/23.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparisons 21/22 and 22/23.

The most important players are still at Rangers. So what did we change? Comparisons are odious, however, we can check if we are better or worse. Barbet is gone and is replaced by Clark Salter. The difference that mostly catches the eye is the age. Salter is 24 and Barbet is 30 something. My opinion is that Clark Salter is a calm figure at the back while Barbet had a lot of energy, although prone to some lapses every now and then. Wallace is replaced by Paal. Again, there is the age difference. in the few games I watched Paal playing he looks as if he is still settling to the tempo of the Championship. Wallace was 34 years old and very prone to injuries. The system is different now playing four at the back. All in all, we are still doing some repeated mistakes. The goal we suffered against Blackburn, none of our players reacted quickly enough. In midfield, we have the same players of last season and added Richards and Roberts. Both are young and can better our performances without a doubt. Our major problem is in the attack. We lost CA and Gray, two experienced players and so far we did not replace any of them. It was a good decision by MB to introduce Sinclair Armstrong to the first team, but it will take time for him to get going. Prefer Bonne to Dykes. The latter is only good if you put the ball on his head. The rest he is just running around and seems lost during a game. So in this aspect, we went backwards from last season. We need a proven goalscorer, otherwise, we will struggle. I think it is a priority more than the right-back position as Kakay did well there. All in all, we are very similar to last season ... just expecting the 4-3-3 will work better fo us.

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    The most important players are still at Rangers. So what did we change? Comparisons are odious, however, we can check if we are better or worse. Barbet is gone and is replaced by Clark Salter. The difference that mostly catches the eye is the age. Salter is 24 and Barbet is 30 something. My opinion is that Clark Salter is a calm figure at the back while Barbet had a lot of energy, although prone to some lapses every now and then. Wallace is replaced by Paal. Again, there is the age difference. in the few games I watched Paal playing he looks as if he is still settling to the tempo of the Championship. Wallace was 34 years old and very prone to injuries. The system is different now playing four at the back. All in all, we are still doing some repeated mistakes. The goal we suffered against Blackburn, none of our players reacted quickly enough. In midfield, we have the same players of last season and added Richards and Roberts. Both are young and can better our performances without a doubt. Our major problem is in the attack. We lost CA and Gray, two experienced players and so far we did not replace any of them. It was a good decision by MB to introduce Sinclair Armstrong to the first team, but it will take time for him to get going. Prefer Bonne to Dykes. The latter is only good if you put the ball on his head. The rest he is just running around and seems lost during a game. So in this aspect, we went backwards from last season. We need a proven goalscorer, otherwise, we will struggle. I think it is a priority more than the right-back position as Kakay did well there. All in all, we are very similar to last season ... just expecting the 4-3-3 will work better fo us.
    Think you should’ve put this post on in Dec/Jan time & not after one game

Comment

Are we 100% relegated? Asking for a friend......

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
        Are we 100% relegated? Asking for a friend......
        What did that get to do with what I wrote? I just compared if on paper we are better or worse than last season. My only worry is the final third. I am not negative as some on here mention relegation. My opinion is that we will end mid-table.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
          Good points. Agree, clarke-salter and paal should be improvements on last season.

I think we need midfielders who can carry ball upfield at pace. Dozzell and Stefan, always static exchanging passes. Hopefully, Taylor Richards can do this.

I wouldn't want to judge strikers until Willock and Roberts are playing. With them on pitch, we should create more and better chancès.

I'm predicting 5th place.

Comment

Working...
          X