Players released in Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players released in Championship

Quite a few players had been released or sold in the Championship so far. Reading is topping the list with 28 players, then Burnley by 21, followed by Watford by 19 and WBA by 16. We released 11 and signed only three. Goes to show that most clubs are experiencing financial difficulties.

I notice Cyrus Christie (RB) is still a free agent as is Michael Hector (CB). These players interest me.

I suspect most clubs will start September with quite a different team from the one that they start August with because there will be a Mexican standoff over next several weeks between players wanting big-fat wages and clubs not willing to stump up the dosh so it will go down to the wire.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
      I notice Cyrus Christie (RB) is still a free agent as is Michael Hector (CB). These players interest me.

I suspect most clubs will start September with quite a different team from the one that they start August with because there will be a Mexican standoff over next several weeks between players wanting big-fat wages and clubs not willing to stump up the dosh so it will go down to the wire.
      Hector has hardly played last three years with Fulham. Injury prone?

Christie could be useful short term, gives time for Aaron Drewe to develop.

Comment

Working...
      X