Armstrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armstrong

Signed a new deal but not in the squad for pre season in Germany. Weird considering that they have taken some young lads with them but left this lad at home. We must have some top drawer forwards at our disposal!!! Lol!!

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
    Signed a new deal but not in the squad for pre season in Germany. Weird considering that they have taken some young lads with them but left this lad at home. We must have some top drawer forwards at our disposal!!! Lol!!
    Top drawer forwards.

Comment

Top top player and comes from a lovely family too.

Comment

Should be a longer contract or an option of 2 years, not 1 year. If he starts scoring goals later this season, he will only have 1 year left on his contract, meaning that bigger clubs will be circling and we all know how such situations will end. Ok, I accept that he is still unproven and may end up like many others before him. However, it is good to keep your cards close to you!

Comment

1 year option in our favour keeps him here until 2025 if we want.

Great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
            Should be a longer contract or an option of 2 years, not 1 year. If he starts scoring goals later this season, he will only have 1 year left on his contract, meaning that bigger clubs will be circling and we all know how such situations will end. Ok, I accept that he is still unproven and may end up like many others before him. However, it is good to keep your cards close to you!
            He signed for 2 years and the club can make it 3 years.

Comment

No reason why he wouldn't be involved unless he's injured or has a loan move lined up in the next few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
                1 year option in our favour keeps him here until 2025 if we want.

Great idea.
                If it is like that, then I rest my case. I was under the impression that he will be a free agent in 2024. Still, I will go for a two-year extra option. Brentford did it recently, why not us?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo

Not injured - he just turned out for the U23s.
                  Interesting! Beale obviously thinks he's not going to push for the first team this coming season then. Given what we have up front, I'd guess we'll definitely be adding a player or two up top.

Comment

Seems Beale and warbs are of the same thinking he's not ready or good enough . If you're good enough your old enough

Comment

Commentators on Saturday, said that Beale has said not to read too much into the players he takes to Germany.

Some of the players left behind will get more game time in the U23s, and thats what some of them will need.
                      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

He is going to Hungary with the under 23s

Our Under-23s now head to Hungary for a training camp, where they'll take on BFC Siofok of the Hungarian second tier on Saturday.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/fixtures/under...3s/?tab=report

Comment

Ask yourself this, is he a number 9? If so then he has to be better than Dykes right now.

Is he more of a forward player, playing out wide, if so is better than Tyler and Chrissy?

Im not 100% sure as I dont know the player, no1 else does really either...

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                            Ask yourself this, is he a number 9? If so then he has to be better than Dykes right now.

Is he more of a forward player, playing out wide, if so is better than Tyler and Chrissy?

Im not 100% sure as I dont know the player, no1 else does really either...
                            I'm fairly sure he's a better option than Thomas so for that reason I would have him in Germany and be looking to get rid of George. We all know Thomas isn't good enough to be a starter or prob even a bench option at this level. Armstrong will get better by being around better players. Thomas hasn't improved at all since he's been here.

Comment

I'm fairly sure he's a better option than Thomas so for that reason I would have him in Germany and be looking to get rid of George. We all know Thomas isn't good enough to be a starter or prob even a bench option at this level. Armstrong will get better by being around better players. Thomas hasn't improved at all since he's been here.
                              Do you think Armstrong is the same player, position(s) as George? Personally, not sure. Think its more that you dont rate Thomas which is fine but Armstrong isnt the same as him tbh.

Im not disagreeing on how good he could be, I just havent seen him to know.

Comment

Working...
                              X