The R's philosophy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The R's philosophy

During last season I asked the question if the club had abandoned what we currently stand for, that is giving the young players a chance, in pursuit of promotion. We witnessed the average age of the team going up courtesy of the likes of Hendricks, Austin, Wallace, Marshall, Stefan, Gray, Albert, and the rest of the keepers, all 30 plus. There was nothing wrong in trying to win promotion by adding experience to a young side, however, they did not add much. The real foundations of the team were the young players ... Dieng, Dickie, Dunne, Chair, Willock, Field and later in the season, Amos. So what's this fixation with experienced players? Most of them are only interested in their last days of involvement in playing football. With all due respect, that's where MW failed big time. We must continue to look to bring the next Willock or Chair or Dickie to the club and maybe some of our own come good. Who knows why we are so slow to bring new players in. Could be that we overspent last season and we are trying to put things in order again?

Could be that we have more selection criteria than just age when looking for a player. Could be that most of our youth are just not ready for the 1st team. Could be that there are another 71 teams in the EFL all looking for the next Willock/Chair. Could be that we had a stubborn manager who would rather name less than 7 subs than put some youngsters on the bench.

We do need some experience in the side.

I could go on.
    "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

There is no philosophy or DNA or QPR way.... there is just a team of players we employ next season.

Comment

A philosophy is something the late Jim Gregory built at QPR. Play attractive/attacking football, buy cheap and sell for good money, built a good academy, keep the tradition of a great no: 10. We may employ a team of players this season like everyone else, however, they have to fit within those principles. The R's philosophy.

Comment

Well I wouldn't hold your breath on it. Think of the Spice Girls running around shrieking "Girl Power!" in the 90s. Now some some will try and claim this was some sort of movement, uprising, philophosy and call to arms. It clearly wasn't though........ it was just nonsense.

We don't need a philosophy. We just need some full-backs.

Comment

Let's just hope we don't play crab football and don't Di ck around with it at the back. Warburton thought he had city and Barcelona players in his line up it was quite irritating
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              Let's just hope we don't play crab football and don't Di ck around with it at the back. Warburton thought he had city and Barcelona players in his line up it was quite irritating
              It will be the same formation but more pace to it. We will play out from the back with only half a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

It will be the same formation but more pace to it. We will play out from the back with only half a crab.
                Doubt it will be the same formation , apparrantly he likes to play 4 at the back and still have the full backs pushing on.
                Lets hope we sign a couple , Ryan Fredricks would be a good right back and out of contract.

Comment

Working...
                X