Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone who is happy warbs not here now would say you have lost it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone who is happy warbs not here now would say you have lost it...

That's it !!

Thrown away an experienced championship manager who has helped produce decent players. He should have been given the opportunity to develop the squad further with money from player sales this summer.

Comment

I'm certainly not a fan of Mark Warburton however I do understand that many fans wanted him to stay. We did progress since he took charge and you can say he was his own worse enemy with an amazing half of the season which rightly so raised expectations. The problem he's gone is because he is very 1 dimensional. Extremely stubborn in his approach and when he has to used tactical nouce he comes unstuck. I think it was the right decision to get shot of him, you could see he ran out of ideas.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

50/50 on this one our finish was rubbish...lost 13 of out last 19 and most games win draw or lose were crap in so 19 games were useless with absolutely no sign of improvement...no idea how to attack how to play useless so ???????????????/

Comment

Warburton was a phoney. He has set this club back 5 years. Luckily Les and Lee won't get conned again and will unravel the mess the chump Warburton has left behind by February 2023. Warburton will never manage any football club to success - he is literally clueless in terms of getting a team over the line.

Sooner you get over our ex-manager the better really. He's gone. He's ancient history. I have zero interest in putting the boot into the bloke but anytime some backward thinking poster thinks its worthwhile to pop up and posit the idea we will somehow miss the phoney or regret jettisoning him I will robustly respond to disabuse them of such nonsense.

​​​​​​

Comment

Think you’ve lost it pal, Ridiculous assessment

Comment

Not happy and not sad. He turned out to be exatly what I feared: Tactically inept and generally stubborn in his way. Not using a thin squad properly is just one excample of the latter.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Injuries

Seven Goalkeepers

Not backed in January window

Let's see where we are end season ahead.

Can't see us being in and around third or firth place for 70% of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                  Think you’ve lost it pal, Ridiculous assessment
                  I have noticed that a lot of posters seem to dislike your comments.

Can't understand how.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                    Warburton was a phoney. He has set this club back 5 years. Luckily Les and Lee won't get conned again and will unravel the mess the chump Warburton has left behind by February 2023. Warburton will never manage any football club to success - he is literally clueless in terms of getting a team over the line.

Sooner you get over our ex-manager the better really. He's gone. He's ancient history. I have zero interest in putting the boot into the bloke but anytime some backward thinking poster thinks its worthwhile to pop up and posit the idea we will somehow miss the phoney or regret jettisoning him I will robustly respond to disabuse them of such nonsense.

​​​​​​
                    Daft and completely unjustified statements

Comment

Warbs gave us both hope and stability in his time simple as that. The squad needed more than what we did in January and that cost us, injured list was a factor as well.

his main negative was his tactics he was a manager that had limitations but we progressed next season I genuinely think we’re in for a bottom 3rd rebuild without an injection of both financial and players with pace

as fans is a new manager’s success based on promotion, top 6 ? Top 6 on our budget is a tough ask as Hoos pointed out without a bigger capacity we can’t really generate income from fans without a stadium that suits so lllayer sales are required to supplement shortfall. Given that we really need to sell to reinvest I’d say am anger needs appointing asap for recruitment pre season or we may well be under cooked come July when it’s off again.

Comment

Out of all the available managers bandying about.... Mark looks the best.

They need to surprise us with a good un.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

​​​​​​
                          'LUCKILY LES AND LEE WON'T GET CONNED AGAIN'

No... not at all, because they have a great recorded of getting managerial appoints spot on.
                          Of all the poor decision those two have made hiring Warburton was probably the only one they did get right... we made progress, the football got better, and we pushed for promotion.
                          IF they feel he's taken us a far as he can.. then that's their call. it just means they need to get the next decision right (their track record doesn't fill you with confidence) and if they don't get it right.... surely we need to start asking question of those two.

Comment

Originally posted by longtime_ranger View Post
                            Injuries

Seven Goalkeepers

Not backed in January window

Let's see where we are end season ahead.

Can't see us being in and around third or firth place for 70% of the season.
                            Not backed in the January window? Haha.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by LOUANDBO View Post

'LUCKILY LES AND LEE WON'T GET CONNED AGAIN'

No... not at all, because they have a great recorded of getting managerial appoints spot on.
                              Of all the poor decision those two have made hiring Warburton was probably the only one they did get right... we made progress, the football got better, and we pushed for promotion.
                              IF they feel he's taken us a far as he can.. then that's their call. it just means they need to get the next decision right (their track record doesn't fill you with confidence) and if they don't get it right.... surely we need to start asking question of those two.
                              But how is a managerial appointment assessed as being a successful one?

- Selling players for large fees to balance the books
                              - Selling players to offset 75% of losses
                              - Getting promoted
                              - Getting into the top 6
                              - Getting into the top 10

On our existing budget, success for me and for a small club like QPR is getting to the top 10 consistently and selling players to offset 75% of losses. Anything more than that is over achieving.

If the aim is promotion or consistent top6 then a manager needs the appropriate budget to achieve that. With that Warbs would have been as good as any manager to deliver on it.

I get the vibe the Board are expecting too much from the tools made available to a manager. Make a change and hope for a different outcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X