Injuries vs excuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injuries vs excuses

With so many players being unavailable due to injury can we allow the manager to use this as an excuse or should the team still be able to perform better than what we have seen in the last 2 months in particular?

I completely agree that having willock, seny, dickie, barbet, Wallace etc all fit and available would have made the race for off spots a genuine possibility but with so many key players out, where we expecting too much?? Personally I think it was a big ask to get top 6 without willock, dickie and seny. We can cope without Wallace who is always injured. Moses can't really be counted on either.

But I can't understand why stef is repeatedly picked when the guy is so out of form and nowhere near fit enough. Yet the manager buried his head in the sand and kept him in there. The performance tonight was shocking from the first to the last. Our lack of energy and mobility is our biggest concern and when the pressure came on in the last few weeks we have buckled every time. A real lack of leaders and watching us roll over against posh, Barnsley, stoke, and again tonight has nothing to do either injury. It's about attitude and mental strength.

The end of this season has been like watching someone put on life support and tonight it was switched off. It was like a going to a funeral tonight. Saying goodbye to a manager who gave us some brilliant moments, playing the best football in years and seeing a bond between the players and fans formed once again. Yet it ended with a whimper and memories of what could have been. A sad end to a real romance for many.

Our garbage run predates the injuries. Dickie has been iffy all season so his loss was not actually a problem in my view. Willock was only injured what, 2 weeks ago? 3 wins from past 17 games cannot be attributed to injuries in my view - for many of those games we had a perfectly adequate match day squad and still played rubbish and lost. We were more or less full strength in February against Hull and Barnsley and managed one effing point against that pair of plodders! To be honest, I find it pretty delusional blaming injuries for a long series of inept useless performances. Ultimately I don't consider any of our absentees would have made a blind difference tonight... they'd have simply slipped into the turgid, slow, half-assed approach that has been our hallmark in 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
      Our garbage run predates the injuries. Dickie has been iffy all season so his loss was not actually a problem in my view. Willock was only injured what, 2 weeks ago? 3 wins from past 17 games cannot be attributed to injuries in my view - for many of those games we had a perfectly adequate match day squad and still played rubbish and lost. We were more or less full strength in February against Hull and Barnsley and managed one effing point against that pair of plodders! To be honest, I find it pretty delusional blaming injuries for a long series of inept useless performances. Ultimately I don't consider any of our absentees would have made a blind difference tonight... they'd have simply slipped into the turgid, slow, half-assed approach that has been our hallmark in 2022.
      Have to agree more with this view. We haven't been good since the end of November and got away with a few fortunate wins in January when Willock played superbly.

You didn't mention the 0 points against Cardiff and Peterborough. Those 6 points tossed into the bin after taking the lead were huge and would have kept us in the mix going into the last 6 games.

I do agree with Dono's analogy of the life support machine.

I am not sorry to see Warburton go, but I do fear that QPR could once again get the next manager horribly wrong. Hopefully lessons have really been learnt and the next manager is chosen carefully with proper research done.

Comment

Working...
      X