On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Well deserved win against a spirited Derby, saw enough today to know the younger players are still the way forward. Flat back 4 with Amos, Field and Dozzel in midfield means we get the ball forward much quicker.
    Decent first 45, then second half slightly lost our way as Derby pushed forward.
    Felt sorry for Thomas being replaced by the lumbering Austin, Thomas have a decent game and adds energy to the team.

Thought Field, Amos,Dunne and McCallum all had excellent games,overall a decent performance. such a shame we went into that baffling tailspin of defeats,which will cost us dear.

Still cannot decide if Warbs should go, need to know replacement before I decide, which obviously won’t happen.
    Last edited by Romford Hoop; 18-04-2022, 05:44 PM.

The lumbering Austin did take 2 defenders with him, leaving Amos on his own
    Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Second half number 32 had McCallum on toast , Amos , dunne were v good

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
        Must be the only thing he’s done this year

Comment

Charlie probably interviewing them.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            Second half number 32 had McCallum on toast , Amos , dunne were v good
            He looked good alright. Malcolm Ebiowei, 18 years old. Played 9 games for Derby 1st Team so far. Out of contract in June.

Difficult to judge on one match, but we should be keeping eye on him for remaining games.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

He looked good alright. Malcolm Ebiowei, 18 years old. Played 9 games for Derby 1st Team so far. Out of contract in June.

Difficult to judge on one match, but we should be keeping eye on him for remaining games.
              I liked it that he had the confidence to keep twisting Sam M up , good player

Comment

He is electric. Incredible pace and can dribble and cross, exactly what we need, and amazing he is just 18. But I am afraid he will have plenty of offers from bigger guns. I suppose he is out of reach.

Comment

Fans can easily miss what some players actually bring to the team. He also drew the foul from Lawrence with his experience.

As for the performance it’s good to see a flat back 4 with younger midfielders passing the ball forward quicker.

Thomas brings energy to the side but is not imo a number 10. I think he need to play on the wing or part of a 4-3-3. Probably with Chair and Dykes or Gray as the striker.

Comment

I liked him and would definitely try to sign him as soon as the season ends if possible.

He is 18 years old and if we did sign him no doubt Warburton would send him out on loan rather than play him.

Comment

Working...
                    X