Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential changes to FFP coming

https://web.archive.org/web/20220408...finally-sight/

Looks like Profitability and Sustainability rules might finally be changing.

currently the club keep has to keep losses to below £39m over three seasons and we are limited to what we can invest under these rules.

under the new proposed rules, clubs would be limited to spend around 70% of its revenue on transfers, wages (players and staff) and agents fees.

Thoughts?

That seems worse because you have to been sustainable every season and does not allow player sales to clear debt.You can only use player trading profits when they materialise and not in anticipation of those profits.

Seems they are trying to nationalise football and will limit small club ambitions to be a big club even further.

If I was a billionaire and want to spunk my hard earned on football why can't I do that?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      That seems worse because you have to been sustainable every season and does not allow player sales to clear debt.You can only use player trading profits when they materialise and not in anticipation of those profits.

Seems they are trying to nationalise football and will limit small club ambitions to be a big club even further.

If I was a billionaire and want to spunk my hard earned on football why can't I do that?
      Just sell the said billionaire a seat in the stand for tens of millions of pounds a season, that will up the revenue nicely.
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Just follow Newcastle's lead. Sold one five pence share for £40m earlier this year.

https://twitter.com/kieranmaguire/st...096?lang=en-GB

Comment

It’s a joke and just helps the big clubs and those with parachute payments.
          Billionaires should be allowed to spend their money on clubs if they choose to, just as long as they guarantee the fees and wages of players they give contracts to.

Comment

All sounds very sensible to me. Clubs haemorrhaging £millions every month is utterly ridiculous and it's about time the circus was shut down and proper sustainable governance was mandated.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

Just sell the said billionaire a seat in the stand for tens of millions of pounds a season, that will up the revenue nicely.
              Just learn from Man City as they wrote the book.

And what's pissing me off is that Chelsea is being sold on tyr basis and any bidder must have £1,000,000,000 (£1bn) set aside for ground development and squad investment. This is a seized asset and should be sold to the higher bidder when if that person intends to sell all the first team squad and play the U23s!!! That £1bln should go towards social care etc!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Just learn from Man City as they wrote the book.

And what's pissing me off is that Chelsea is being sold on tyr basis and any bidder must have £1,000,000,000 (£1bn) set aside for ground development and squad investment. This is a seized asset and should be sold to the higher bidder when if that person intends to sell all the first team squad and play the U23s!!! That £1bln should go towards social care etc!!!

We could throw in a pukka balti pie, a cup of steaming hot Bovril.

What billionaire could resist 90 minutes of Warburton’s attacking football under a blanket in W12.

Comment

I notice its been re-branded as "Profit and Sustainability Rules".

Presumably the word "Fair Play" was getting stuck in their throats too often and acting as a choke hazard.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo
                    Apparently there are some checks and governance in there to prevent clubs from selling things for way above their market value so some of the suggestions above wouldn't (shouldn't) work.
                    So a £40 million Pukka Balti pie won’t be allowed then, what about Chicken?

Comment

Working...
                    X