Our products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our products

The two seasons before the current one was stamped with some great players coming through either from our youths or by invested in good prospects. The likes of Eze, BOS, Manning, Chair etc. However, this season we have not seen any new prospects making it through to the first team. Its a pity because with eyes on the play-offs, the club was more interested to bring oldies that passed their best and stopped the developement of the young players. Not that our youths filled me with optimism! They lose more then win games and those loaned out, are only going to non-league or the bottom teams in league 1 or 2 without much impact.

Don't think any of the above have gone on to bigger or better things

Comment

It could be true that we haven't got any real talent coming through, but Warburton hasn't given any youngsters a chance this season.

Duke McKenna for one could have done a better job than Hendrick.

As for the youth not doing well in their teams, they might actually do better playing alongside the 1st team players, but have instead been farmed out to struggling lower league and non league sides.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        It could be true that we haven't got any real talent coming through, but Warburton hasn't given any youngsters a chance this season.

Duke McKenna for one could have done a better job than Hendrick.

As for the youth not doing well in their teams, they might actually do better playing alongside the 1st team players, but have instead been farmed out to struggling lower league and non league sides.
        it doesn't just have to be young players though. No reason why Chair, Dickie and Dykes couldn't have kicked-on this season and added a few £££s to their values. Instead, they have spluttered and stalled. I don't think Warburton has created any added value in our squad this season at all.
        I've got high hopes that Willock and Dunne could make us money in coming year or so but I don't consider Warburton has had any impact on their current value, they've earned it themselves. Dieng is an asset but goalies are hard to value, Seny is worth what he's worth and I don't consider Warburton can influence that worth either way.

Comment

Working...
        X