No announcement yet.

On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was right choice by MW to play with no strikers. Whilst the service to them has been pretty woeful neither Charlie or Gray have looked a threat for a while and not much point playing strikers who don't score and don't offer an awful lot else.

Winning with 10 men will be a massive shot in the arm for the team before a difficult run of fixtures. The race for the play off spots has really opened up over the last month and if we want to stay in the top six need to be winning fairly regularly.

Our strength has been possession. Our weakness has been doing very little with it! I quite liked having Stef, Hendricks and Field in the same side.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      Was right choice by MW to play with no strikers. Whilst the service to them has been pretty woeful neither Charlie or Gray have looked a threat for a while and not much point playing strikers who don't score and don't offer an awful lot else.

Winning with 10 men will be a massive shot in the arm for the team before a difficult run of fixtures. The race for the play off spots has really opened up over the last month and if we want to stay in the top six need to be winning fairly regularly.

Our strength has been possession. Our weakness has been doing very little with it! I quite liked having Stef, Hendricks and Field in the same side.
      Agree with much of this, but especially the midfield trio. However in order to play them together the formation will need to change a bit if we are to play with a recognised striker, as we wont be able to play either 3 CBs or Chair and Willock. I think it sort of worked in the 1st half on Weds although not many clear chances created, perhaps as it was new and maybe needed more time to bed in, but as we went down to 10 men we never saw it through.

I agree about the play offs race opening up. Blackburn have struggled without the injured B-D up front, as have Forest somewhat without Grabban, but the likes of Sheff Utd, Middlesboro, Huddersfield, Luton and Coventry have picked up speed and so we will need to keep on winning to stay ahead of them.

To do so we will need our goalscorers to do just that, whether they are the traditional strikers, Dykes, Austin or Gray or from false No.9s like Willock, Chair or who knows maybe even Thomas might get a chance in the attack (he has the pace and energy so just needs to keep a cool head to finish off chances like the one he had against Reading, but lost control of the ball).

Comment

Working...
      X