X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those going by train ground is miles from the station hike & half

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

Birmingham was good! Free parking all around the ground. Beer in the ground was decent. 3 points and we won in 3rd gear so we saved our legs a bit. I've been to cov before and it's an awful ground.

You can get parked for free nearby thou. No bars near the ground unfortunately. At least we can fill the whole away end!! Still not sure why brum have reduced crowds. Health and safety reasons but why exactly?

The ground is literally falling apart..... cracks, rust and "delamination" whatever the hell that is. I think this relates to stands erected in early 1990s so not that old really so presume they used cowboys and pig iron to build it.

Anyway, they cant get a safety certificate so are stuck with half-empty stands until they can afford a few £million in repairs.

Comment

Wow..didn't know any of that. Half of the ground looks new. It's only the main stand that looks like the original bit. The roof tells us that. But the stand opposite and the home stand look modern and hold a lot of fans. Very bizarre!!!

Comment

Birmingham was good! Free parking all around the ground. Beer in the ground was decent. 3 points and we won in 3rd gear so we saved our legs a bit. I've been to cov before and it's an awful ground.

You can get parked for free nearby thou. No bars near the ground unfortunately. At least we can fill the whole away end!! Still not sure why brum have reduced crowds. Health and safety reasons but why exactly?
          Capacity was reduced because they found structural defects in one of their stands, hence why they only gave us 10% of 19000, which is the max they are allowed in at the moment, hoping to get back to full capacity at the end of the current season.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
            For those going by train ground is miles from the station hike & half
            Yeah, I think best way up is to get a bus which is fairly cheap to get from the station itself.

Comment

Any update on how many we have sold so far, my guess is that we are nearly sold out the intial allocation of 2,940 tickets.

Comment

Wow..didn't know any of that. Half of the ground looks new. It's only the main stand that looks like the original bit. The roof tells us that. But the stand opposite and the home stand look modern and hold a lot of fans. Very bizarre!!!
                Dunno how true it is but an engineering acquaintance of mine tells me a LOT of the sexy new grounds from past quarter of a century or so are showing alarming levels of wear and tear already - they don't build 'em like they used to it seems...

Comment

They don’t make breeze blocks and steel girders like they use too.
                  I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

I hope we can get 3,000 or so up for this game, Coventry is a big game and it would be fantastic to see a full away end for that.

Only a train or so up from London so hopefully we get a healthy contingent up.

Comment

UPDATE: The Club have sold 2,400 for this game out of the intial allocation of 2,940 so far.

Club given an extra 500 tickets. Brings our allocation up to 3,440.

Comment

Friend tried yday and told me it was sold out . Not seen anything about extra tickets hope so more the merrier .managed to book parking 15 min walk away

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                          Friend tried yday and told me it was sold out . Not seen anything about extra tickets hope so more the merrier .managed to book parking 15 min walk away
                          still can buy tickets online, just seen.

So perhaps they've given us those extra 500 tickets then but the club havent officially confirmed it.

Comment

THE CLUB are pleased to report that due to the fantastic support, a further 978 tickets have been made available to R’s fans in the South Stand, taking our total allocation to 3,918.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/ticket-ne...covqpr-201221/

Comment

Hello hoops, I came on here in August , and was at locus rd for the game back then.
                              heard you have a few coming on Saturday. If your on the train, it's to cov then change for the Nuneaton train arena is first about 10 mins top. Return to the station is sporadic to say the best, although if theres enough they have been known to find a few carrages from somewhere. ( Don't ask me how).
                              some ok pubs near the station within a 100_200 meters , literntree the closest and it's a spoons. If you don't fancy that go right there the hare and squirrel and if you go left ther the earl of merci another spoons but your starting to wander if your going back to the station. Loads of taxis , don't book one for the way back they won't show.
                              after some taxis around Tesco's but you may have a wait. My thinking is they will put busses on for you back to the station ( they don't like visitors mixing with the shoppers much) .don't walk it's about 6 miles through little Bombay.
                              Anyway , we have gone off the boil a bit until last weekend, but we would have been very pissed off if we hadn't won. Hopefully that will kick start the second half of the season.
                              you lot had a it of a patch but have turned that round by the Looks of it.
                              looking forward a good game with not much in it, but your lads wil have to run for 90+ minutes because we never stop at home.
                              think we might seem it 1-0 2-1

​​​​​​​Good luck , but not to much.

Comment

Lol lotus road.

Comment

Working...
                                X