Wallace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wallace

Never thought I would write this but please tell me he hasn't done his hamstring again and is now out for months!!!!

We are cursed in the wing backs this season!
    Will def need to bring a couple in in the jan window. Can't see uncle being able to continue starting back to back fixtures for much longer!

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
    Never thought I would write this but please tell me he hasn't done his hamstring again and is now out for months!!!!

We are cursed in the wing backs this season!
    Will def need to bring a couple in in the jan window. Can't see uncle being able to continue starting back to back fixtures for much longer!
    Warbs said a slight hamstring tweak, so might be ok

Comment

That's what can happen when you have a limited budget and bring in some older players or one with long injury records. They're cheaper for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
        That's what can happen when you have a limited budget and bring in some older players or one with long injury records. They're cheaper for a reason.
        I'm fairly sure Wallace was our highest earner until Charlie and stef turned up so whilst he was a free transfer, he wasn't cheap in terms of his wages.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

I'm fairly sure Wallace was our highest earner until Charlie and stef turned up so whilst he was a free transfer, he wasn't cheap in terms of his wages.
          To us perhaps not, but we've lost players to teams with bigger budgets. So might be cheap/average wages compared to a lot of teans. But he's still got a lot of miles on the clock so injuries are expected.

Comment

Shame seems to be coming a bit of a sick note, he really adds something to the team, we miss him, when he's out

Comment

We've been unlucky at left back. The club have limited money. They had Wallace the old warhorse who had a brilliant second half to last season and they brought in a multi-million pound young left back on loan who had a good season last year as cover who had previously played almost every game. Not sure on our budgets they could have done much more in the left back dept.

Any word btw on Sam's recovery?

Comment

All our bad luck with injuries seems to be focused on our wing backs. It's a strange one. Sam had never been injured before coming to us. Now he's out for a good while. Moses came with a history of injuries so we can't be too surprised when he picks up one. Wallace at his age is an injury waiting to happen unfortunately especially in a wing back role that asks so much of a player. I fear for uncle at this rate!!!!

Comment

I can't remember for sure but I recall that we were mostly flat back four when Wallace arrived? I can't believe he was bought to be a flying wing-back anyway. Last night and from the off I felt he was one lunge or sliding interception from another tweak/injury. Luckily we had Moses to come on when Lee limped off.
                  I dunno what the answer is but I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we could get a left-sided defender who isn't injury prone in upcoming window.

Comment

I’ve mentioned this before, Callum Elder at Hull City is an excellent LWB at this level. Ideal long term replacement for Wallace. Shame as he has looked solid and links play up so well with both Chair and Willock down our left.

Comment

Working...
                    X