• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I’ve calmed down

Random thoughts

Would be great to get into the qtr finals of a major cup
    This time last year we were looking over our shoulders re the bottom 3
    We are rubbish defensively and need to sort it out
    If we had settled for a point against Bristol City and yesterday we would be 5th and looking good
    Charlie - has he lost it?
    Stef - What’s going on?
    Dieng - Low shots in the corner of the net seems to beat him all of the time
    Warbs - Shows no passion on the bench
    Moses - Dropped x 2 or injured
    Pace - That’s what we are missing defensively and offensively
    7th - Currently, hardly a disaster is it?

Thoughts? Please feel free to add

7th is about where we deserve to be. Its the amount of goals we are conceding that is a huge problem. The lack of coaching and the refusal by the manger to accept he has to sort it out is mindblowing. He gets on his high horse the minute someone mentions how bad we are at the back but doesn't seem to rectify it.

We need a defence coach asap as none of our current set up seem to have improved any facet of our ability to stop conceding crap goals. According to our manger its just individual errors but it's not. Our back 5 can't defend as a unit or individually. There's no leader and no communicator.

A lot of teams would love to be sat where we are though. On the verge of a q-f in the league Cup. We have some great attacking players and we play very good football. Onto Tuesday and a win will cheer us all up!!

Comment

I see us as a top half team finishing around 8th or 9th ,we are too good to be dragged into a relegation battle but not good enough to finish in the play offs .
      we have the 2nd worst defence in the league but are scoring lots of goals so Sky love us .
      I think Warburton is doing well with what he has to work with and if we were to finish 7th or 8th it should be regarded as a good season .
      To have any serious ambitions to finish in the play offs we would need to improve our defending considerably .
      our home game against league team Sunderland must to be won,it has now become our biggest game of the season .

Comment

Watching the highlights against Peterboro then it just seems we lack the energy and the hunger amonst the players to be any better than Mid table obscurity. Does that come from the manager and coaches - partly but also from the players . Not tracking back, not being aware of the oppositionm, both of their goals were symtoms of that sort of slack play. Very frustrating. Having said that the match against Sunderaland could being a smile back to our faces.

Comment

Originally posted by 70sQPR View Post
          Watching the highlights against Peterboro then it just seems we lack the energy and the hunger amonst the players to be any better than Mid table obscurity. Does that come from the manager and coaches - partly but also from the players . Not tracking back, not being aware of the oppositionm, both of their goals were symtoms of that sort of slack play. Very frustrating. Having said that the match against Sunderaland could being a smile back to our faces.
          If your moniker represents when you started supporting this club you should know the folly of counting on the team to put a smile on your face!
          @gatorTFC

Comment

I think the problems come down to the fact that Sam Field and Lee Wallace are both out injured.

Once Field and Wallace are back then they would be straight in the squad.

I can tell how badly we miss Wallace as a leader in that backline, but two weeks away from being ready so hopefully hes back in time for the Blackpool game.

Comment

We have lacked pace for a while both upfront and at the back

our forms been erratic since Wallace got injured

we have needed a Rb for last couple of seasons of quality

7th ain’t bad get field back back he’s been a big miss imo

Not much to be too disappointed about posh are decent at home Bournemouth drew a blank there

for me Dunne should of hauled Dembele down taken a red we get a point plus he was offside

Comment

don’t get the ‘settle for a draw’ thinking. It’s not something you can choose…we got late winners against Preston and Middlesbrough, so definitely worth going for the 3 points IMO.
                happy with 7th, where we deserve to be. Too soon to go up this year, but improving steadily year on year…

Originally posted by Mem View Post
                Random thoughts

Would be great to get into the qtr finals of a major cup
                This time last year we were looking over our shoulders re the bottom 3
                We are rubbish defensively and need to sort it out
                If we had settled for a point against Bristol City and yesterday we would be 5th and looking good
                Charlie - has he lost it?
                Stef - What’s going on?
                Dieng - Low shots in the corner of the net seems to beat him all of the time
                Warbs - Shows no passion on the bench
                Moses - Dropped x 2 or injured
                Pace - That’s what we are missing defensively and offensively
                7th - Currently, hardly a disaster is it?

Thoughts? Please feel free to add

Comment

Don’t think anybody can deny that Sam Field would be an asset in defensive midfield,but I don’t feel confident that he will define where the team finish this season.

Of the 21 games available to him last season he only started 5 and came on as a sub in another 5….that’s 10 games total he’s played in !!

Looking at the restricted mins that Amos has played since returning its feasible to think Fields’s and Wallace’s return and game time, will take on a similar theme.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                    We have lacked pace for a while both upfront and at the back

our forms been erratic since Wallace got injured

we have needed a Rb for last couple of seasons of quality

7th ain’t bad get field back back he’s been a big miss imo

Not much to be too disappointed about posh are decent at home Bournemouth drew a blank there

for me Dunne should of hauled Dembele down taken a red we get a point plus he was offside
                    Normally I detest that action and don't understand it when done any earlier than the last 10 minutes, as it is so hard to come back into the game with 10 men. however it was in injury time and if he had immediately pulled him back it would have been a red card and a free kick well away from our goal.

Overall though, the season so far is going very well and a QF appearance is within reach. If we can carry on with this form (even improve if we can get Wallace and Field back in the starting 11) then yes, we can still challenge for a top 6 spot.

Comment

Working...
                    X