Transfer Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Window

In politics they say a budget that looks good on the day almost always looks a disaster later.

Am starting to fear our summer transfer window is now looking a little less rosy than it did at the time.

Oddly enough, the four loans that virtually all of us thought were vital for us to sign this summer have had the least impact for us so far.

Austin: Been great in a couple of games (eg Everton), otherwise looks completely shot
    Johansen: shadow of last season, yet to have one really good game this season that I can recall?
    Field: yet to play because injured (a similar injury to one that kept him out long-term previously)
    Jordi: been OK but perhaps not quite the beast he looked in a few games last season (also has injury issues)

Dozzell: thrown in at the deep end against Barnsley and looked out of his depth - shown more promise since
    McCallum: was really starting to look the part before his injury - hopefully will kick on now he is back
    Gray: the only signing that disappointed me personally and thought was against the spirit of everything we were trying to build. Was terrible today (albeit prob jet lagged).
    Dunne: obvious potential but two errors have cost us two goals in the last two games and could do with a year in League One. Not sure he is any more ready for the first team than Masterson?

Our best performers this season (IMHO) have actually been players who have been with us a while: Chair, Willock, Dykes, Barbet.

Be interesting to see what the board do in Jan. I assume they have pushed the budget to the limit already, but if we were still top half and in touching distance of the play offs (not guaranteed) would they spend? Or look to sell eg Deing to finance reinforcements? A right wing back who can attack AND defend and a deep lying centre midfielder who can tackle and pass would be top of my shopping list.

If we're more than 6pts from 6th place the challenge will be holding onto the likes of Chair, Willock and Dykes not who we bring in.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      If we're more than 6pts from 6th place the challenge will be holding onto the likes of Chair, Willock and Dykes not who we bring in.
      Maybe at that point the board will decide to cash in and re-build in the summer, so they can afford to buy the next Ivan Toney (referencing what Les was saying how even if we identified such a player in League 1, we couldn't afford to sign them).

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

Maybe at that point the board will decide to cash in and re-build in the summer, so they can afford to buy the next Ivan Toney (referencing what Les was saying how even if we identified such a player in League 1, we couldn't afford to sign them).
        We already have a striker banging the goals in league 1 , ready for next season . Looking at Austin today I’m convinced Bonne would give us more .

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

Perhaps Sheff Utd will come in for Dieng and a lower premier league team for Chair/Willock. If we're off the pace I can definitely see one player going in the £8-10m range. I've been concerned about Charlie's mobility for a while and giving him a 2yr contract may have been too much. But hopefully his worth will come from coaching Dykes to become a valuable asset. As good as Dickie is I dont see him as a premiership player because of his lack of pace.

Comment

Dickie is miles off a premier League player absolutely a country mile. He came up against a mid table premier League striker in mitrovic today and got made to look like a Sunday league awkward clumsy defender. We certainly don't have to worry about anyone taking him in January. I do sympathise that we don't have a physical ball winner Infront of the back 3 but he was made to look extremely basic against a very good player that he won't of seen at this level!
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

We already have a striker banging the goals in league 1 , ready for next season . Looking at Austin today I’m convinced Bonne would give us more .
              Austin was awful today and I am a big fan. Definitely could do with losing a bit of timber. I think he's been sharing too many cakes and biscuits with Alan brazil

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

Austin was awful today and I am a big fan. Definitely could do with losing a bit of timber. I think he's been sharing too many cakes and biscuits with Alan brazil
                Chaz will get his goals throughout the season, playing him alone upfront in a game where we hardly had the ball most of the time was a tough gig for him .

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

He just looks so unfit. Him and johanssen must be coasting it through the week and hope no one is noticing. To be fair to austin, the way we play doesn't suit him. We never get the ball wide and get decent crosses in the box. He's a box player yet he is being asked to play the lone striker role. We have adomah sat on his #### every week while moses has proved to us all that he can't cross a ball to save his life. Our manager clearly had favourites and unfortunately uncle isn't one of them. Charlie will be vital for us but hes behind dykes imo and prob behind gray if he gets himself fit to play every week.

We have so many options in the attacking positions yet we are lacking real quality at rwb and dcm.

Comment

Even though we've upped the budget this season it's by no means certain we'll do better than last seasons 9th place.

Comment

People on here tend to forget how thin and threadbare our squad is. Rome wasn`t build in one day, remember that.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Chaz will get his goals throughout the season, playing him alone upfront in a game where we hardly had the ball most of the time was a tough gig for him .
                        Thread of the day. Ridiculous playing him as a lone striker and mark Warburton is making too many mistakes

Comment

Taking McCallum was a big call. I know he was prob worried about him lasting the full 90 but the lad looked fine to me. At least there will be changes for Tuesday. Dozzell and Duke/ amos should start aswell as uncle. Moses is not good enough and we need someone who can aurally stick a ball in the box.

Comment

Don't pin too much hope on Albert start starting.

Comment

Then why bring him to the club? We can't afford to pay him to be a glorified club mascot. He's better than moses in possession and can actually beat a man and cross a ball. Moses can't do either of those. He has no pace at all which is supposed to be his main asset. He looks clueless when he's closed down and tends to run straight into traffic where he usually gives a 50/50 ball to a teamate where we lose the ball and are on the back foot again. We have 2 rwbs at the club and both aren't good enough. I'd actually have kakay ahead of moses.

Comment

Working...
                              X