Warburton - sort out the defence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warburton - sort out the defence

How many times do we have to flag up that we can't do anything if we leak so many goals? Yes we have been outclassed by a much better team today, but every time a team comes forward we are just cut open like a paper bag. So tactically naive. Am fed up hearing we look nice going forward - we are a soft, soft touch.

Maybe get a couple of centre mids who can run around and put a tackle in rather than get an early booking for a stupid nothing foul like a short pull and then spend the rest of the game being too scared to put their foot in. So disappointed with stef. The guy is a luxury we can't carry at the moment. He can't sprint, can't tackle, can't carry the ball forward. Ball is willing and gives his all but he's well out of his depth at this level. Give a few young lads a run. We need field and one of Duke or amos to step up. No one should be picked on reputation.

Comment

Im fully convinced its a tactical issue.

We need to drop this 3-4-1-2 or whatever its called, We have to go to a 4-2-3-1 formation next game.

Comment

Who's your 2 in centre mid then?

Comment

Johansen is a big player for us, the problem we have is we need a player to complement him. The defensive midfield role is a huge one and ball just isn't good enough as doing it.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

2nd worst defence at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              Johansen is a big player for us, the problem we have is we need a player to complement him. The defensive midfield role is a huge one and ball just isn't good enough as doing it.
              Think that's true to an extent and we looked much better when we had Field alongside but Johansen has been a shadow of himself from last season (and I was desperate for him to sign). But the defence also has to take responsibility. Dunne was pulled out of position with such ease and gifted them the second goal (following his mistake against Preston). Every time the ball is chipped over the top down our right Obubaju is about 30 yards up field. And for all this talk of Rob Dickie being a brilliant player (and we can all see his abilities) he was completely outclassed and outmuscled today by Mitrovick (who admittedly is the best centre forward in this division by a country mile, but it is not the first time). Those are just a few of the defensive lapses, and they are repeated week after week.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

Think that's true to an extent and we looked much better when we had Field alongside but Johansen has been a shadow of himself from last season (and I was desperate for him to sign). But the defence also has to take responsibility. Dunne was pulled out of position with such ease and gifted them the second goal (following his mistake against Preston). Every time the ball is chipped over the top down our right Obubaju is about 30 yards up field. And for all this talk of Rob Dickie being a brilliant player (and we can all see his abilities) he was completely outclassed and outmuscled today by Mitrovick (who admittedly is the best centre forward in this division by a country mile, but it is not the first time). Those are just a few of the defensive lapses, and they are repeated week after week.
                We badly need Field and Wallace back, they are so key for us.

Comment

Yes, I agree with the OP, unless we get this sorted it will be a long frustrating season! I think we are ok at CB, 3 of the 4 we have to choose from should be able to get the job done, they need to cut down on the individual errors however, wingback is another story, we are currently very poor there, positioning is bad and the crosses just aren't coming in from those positions!
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

We badly need Field and Wallace back, they are so key for us.
                    Yes think that's correct. Just hope Field comes back the player he was. These knee injuries can ruin players.

Wallace was a great outlet for us tho in fairness Sam is improving fast and was far from our worst player today.

Comment

On the whole I like the system and the players. Think the main issue is the wing backs need to learn when to sit in. With them getting caught forward the 3 centres get stretched wider and there’s too much space. Assume Warburton wants them pushing on as it’s often the basis of our attacks, but just need to tweak the balance.

Comment

Need some energy in midfield , steff and Dom ball to slow

Comment

I’m convinced the problem is in midfield, we won’t come up against the class of mitrovic every week either .

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            This. Amos could partner Stefan. Ball coming in when need to see matches out. Unfortunatly, Field is still some weeks from a come back I guess.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                              I’m convinced the problem is in midfield, we won’t come up against the class of mitrovic every week either .
                              True about Mitrovic but we are routinely letting in two goals against even mediocre teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X