Blackpool away on the 6th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackpool away on the 6th

Anyone coming up for Blackpool away on the 6th November? As its a 5.30pm kick off I think we might get a fair few coming and we could get a decent following.

Im Planning to stay up there the night.

If you go you'll be staying the night in Blackpool like us, no trains back after 7.30 I believe, also lots of engineering works on that line that weekend

Comment

We are going, hoping to get a ticket for my grandson too who is not on our database, any idea how many we will get??
      I think as its on sky we won't take as many as, we would of for 3pm no TV.

Comment

The only game on a Saturday for all of November

Comment

I’m showing my age here but did any of you do the fa cup game up there in 1990 . If I recall it was a Sunday afternoon game , we had loads up there, it was carnage in town Saturday night before the game .I’m to old to do that again.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
            I’m showing my age here but did any of you do the fa cup game up there in 1990 . If I recall it was a Sunday afternoon game , we had loads up there, it was carnage in town Saturday night before the game .I’m to old to do that again.
            went up with the lsa, lashed before during and after the game. brilliant day.
            the one in '82 was as good, went up by special for that one, not for the faint hearted after the game where it went off down on the beach, few nicked.

Comment

Originally posted by wormholt View Post

went up with the lsa, lashed before during and after the game. brilliant day.
              the one in '82 was as good, went up by special for that one, not for the faint hearted after the game where it went off down on the beach, few nicked.
              I was at the replay at home in 82 , that 1990 tie went to a 3rd game if I remember right , we won the toss and got the home game .

Comment

I was at the replay at home in 82 , that 1990 tie went to a 3rd game if I remember right , we won the toss and got the home game .
                thats right, not sure, but i think we won 5-0.....did'nt clive allen get a hatfull, or am i thinking of another game.

Comment

Originally posted by wormholt View Post

thats right, not sure, but i think we won 5-0.....did'nt clive allen get a hatfull, or am i thinking of another game.
                  Yep think he got 4 that day .

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                    If you go you'll be staying the night in Blackpool like us, no trains back after 7.30 I believe, also lots of engineering works on that line that weekend
                    Were definitely staying there the night, probably going to be driving up as well. its something like a 3 hour drive for me.

Hopefully we bring a good following up, I think we will bring about about 1,000 or so, I dont see us selling it out.

Comment

I went there back in the 2008-09 season, I remember when they put us in an unroofed temporary stand and it was freezing cold.

Thankfully the stand has a roof now so we should be protected from the elements!

Comment

Yeah. Was a few hundred of us without tickets and couldn't get in. Ended up sat on the beach listening to it on my Walkman radio.

Comment

I think tickets are £23 quid which ain't too bad.

Hopefully we bring a respectable following up.

Comment

What an awful place. I can't believe fans wouldn't want to drive out of there as soon as full time blows. I would never risk a train if I had no means of returning. One of the most deprived suicidal place you could visit. Just shows how mixed our fan base is
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              What an awful place. I can't believe fans wouldn't want to drive out of there as soon as full time blows. I would never risk a train if I had no means of returning. One of the most deprived suicidal place you could visit. Just shows how mixed our fan base is
                              Well any snobs can hop on a tram to Lytham St.Annes. Fylde coast is absolutely fantastic and being in same division as Blackpool is a gift from god for any self-respecting away fan. We've hit the jackpot going there on a Saturday when illuminations AND presumably fireworks will be on

Comment

Working...
                              X