Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dykes - shocking pen for Scotch

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dykes - shocking pen for Scotch

    Blimey. Terrible penalty by Dykes just now. Tame effort straight at keeper. He can't take a penalty for us after seeing that.

  • #2
    Just scored a blinder

    Comment


    • #3
      All is forgiven as they won

      Comment


      • #4
        I had him at 2/1 as anytime scorer. My point is that was a shocking penalty, absolutely appalling! Given we had what, EIGHT penalty scorers against EFC, it would be mad to let Lyndon take our next penalties. Gotta be Chair or Barbet or Dunne even.
        His overall performance was excellent, constant pest and irritant and as you say, cracking goal, Just don't let him take a pen!

        Comment


        • #5
          It was only appalling because the keeper didn't move. If he had it would have gone in and nobody would say a word. The last one he took was the same and it went in just fine. It really wasn't anything to get upset about.
          "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

          Comment


          • #6
            Dykes development in the penalty area certainly looks to have improved recently,he missed a clear scoring opportunity from a headed chance but his movement and anticipation to create it was very good.

            Interesting that listening to the Scottish pundits and McCoist in commentary Dykes still comes across as a marmite striker.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Abseits View Post
              I had him at 2/1 as anytime scorer. My point is that was a shocking penalty, absolutely appalling! Given we had what, EIGHT penalty scorers against EFC, it would be mad to let Lyndon take our next penalties. Gotta be Chair or Barbet or Dunne even.
              His overall performance was excellent, constant pest and irritant and as you say, cracking goal, Just don't let him take a pen!
              Never is a long time.

              Comment


              • #8
                At least it wasn’t for us

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                  I had him at 2/1 as anytime scorer. My point is that was a shocking penalty, absolutely appalling! Given we had what, EIGHT penalty scorers against EFC, it would be mad to let Lyndon take our next penalties. Gotta be Chair or Barbet or Dunne even.
                  His overall performance was excellent, constant pest and irritant and as you say, cracking goal, Just don't let him take a pen!
                  And Tyson Fury won, after getting sat on his Bottle, life is a funny old thing, let's not get to judgemental, or my Mum and Dad may have left me at the Hospital lol

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                    It was only appalling because the keeper didn't move. If he had it would have gone in and nobody would say a word. The last one he took was the same and it went in just fine. It really wasn't anything to get upset about.
                    Oh I see. It was a good penalty only spoilt by keeper saving it. In that case we should definitely allow Dykes to take our next penalty. Sorry for totally misreading things.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Scored again tonight but picked up a booking so not available for Scotland's next game which was away.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The first footballer in 52 years to score in four straight matches for the senior Scotland national side.Sir Dykes.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                          The first footballer in 52 years to score in four straight matches for the senior Scotland national side.Sir Dykes.
                          Booked and misses next game for them. Quite handy for us cos he's been racking up the minutes and miles so a break will do him good.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Abseits View Post

                            Booked and misses next game for them. Quite handy for us cos he's been racking up the minutes and miles so a break will do him good.
                            Agree but think he will play their last game against the Danes.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

                              Agree but think he will play their last game against the Danes.
                              Danes have won the group already. Scots should beat hapless Moldovans and secure 2nd spot thus rendering last game with Danes a dead rubber. Its very conceivable Dykes and others get rested. Worst case scenario for Lyndon is playing one low intensity meaningless game.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X