Matt Godden C0ventry banned for diving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Godden C0ventry banned for diving

Good to see the FA take some action against cheats, but still not enough given it helped them to come back and win the game. I know it was against Fulham, but it could happen against QPR too.

I would like to see the game replayed instead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58843445

Good decision, I thought it was a blatant dive at the time , the Fulham left back was furious,

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
      Good decision, I thought it was a blatant dive at the time , the Fulham left back was furious,
      Yeah, I saw that later in the evening and thought it was cheating of the highest order and is one of the things in football that I hate most. It needs to be eradicated but a 2 match ban is not going to achieve that, it is far too lenient. I would like a 9 match ban like some players have received for pushing refs etc.

The authorities consider a player betting on a football match he has no involvement with or inside knowledge on as a more serious offence than cheating to win a game.

Comment

Should of been at least 5 match ban , do we want rid of cheating or not

Comment

So a two match ban for cheating, Jonson Clarke Harris of posh got 4 match ban for a tweet when he was 16

FA shows they are so f kin useless yet again

Comment

He can't be only diver? Makes me think he only got done cos it was caught from multi-angles by Sky cameras. It's a bit ropey if you only get banned if caught by Live TV cameras, particularly in EFL where 90% of games don't get multi-camera coverage.

Comment

Fact is some of them are 50/50 or a slight nudge not enough to go down blah blah blah...Godden was a dive and so obvious

Comment

Hey all I love diving, oops gently backs out of the Room, wrong thread muff said.

Comment

The more bans the better, should be 3 games at least though.

Comment

Perhaps I'm reading the BBC report wrongly, but it says to me that the ref awarded Coventry a penalty from which they scored, and turned the outcome of the game.

Its OK banning the player after the game having watched numerous camera angles from televised games, but that luxury doesn't come about with most games, and a subsequent ban does not remedy injustices that happen on the pitch at the time of the incident.

More onus needs to be put on the referee and other officials, no matter how hard that might be.

(Cue, defence of referees in the heat of games).

Comment

Working...
                    X