Training Ground Approved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I draw the line with the pail.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Was hoping gathering up sweaty jock straps was part of deal to be honest. Might have to do that as side hustle........

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

You don't have to put these in an ISA, can just invest in the bond without putting it in an ISA wrapper.. You can earn £1000 in interest per annum tax free (if you're a standard rate tax payer) on non-ISA savings so you probably have some headroom to play with there?

Good thing about this bond is they don't charge any fees to put it into an fISA wrapper for you.
        Thank you.

Comment

Here's a decent article about the bond, also some interesting general stuff about our finances. About halfway down there's also a link to a blogger piece about our accounts and Championship finances too that's a good context, blogger called Swiss Rambler.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertk...h=586afb5b642c

Comment

QPR fans

QPR Bond raises £6.8m – the largest online bond in British football

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-bond-181021/

Simply amazing achievement.

Comment

Got an email this morning offering me the opportunity to increase my investment. Reading between the lines it seems like some of those that applied have failed to stump up the cash and/or failed to satisfactorily perform admin/ID/security processes. Maybe people got spooked by duff results in recent weeks and bottled out?
              I suppose you'd expect some drop-outs but I don't know what sort of rate would be normal. Be interesting to see final figures once it's all done and dusted.
              Oh, I'm not gonna be topping up my own investment - happy with what I bunged in.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                Got an email this morning offering me the opportunity to increase my investment. Reading between the lines it seems like some of those that applied have failed to stump up the cash and/or failed to satisfactorily perform admin/ID/security processes. Maybe people got spooked by duff results in recent weeks and bottled out?
                I suppose you'd expect some drop-outs but I don't know what sort of rate would be normal. Be interesting to see final figures once it's all done and dusted.
                Oh, I'm not gonna be topping up my own investment - happy with what I bunged in.
                Post above said they'd raised £6.8m which isnt the £10m they were after....perhaps they're just trying to get it closer to the target. Would you put in £500 more if they offered you a free hotdog on match days for a season too....lol

Comment

£6.8mil is the max they can raise without having to jump through regulatory hoops and governance red-tape - they wont go above that figure and indeed never wanted to. I'm not sure where you/anyone would have seen £10mil, it doesn't make sense in terms of The QPR Bond?

They reached the £6.8 mil max in applications or backers or "pledges". However some pledges have not converted into actual cash investments. Without knowing the shortfall it's difficult to assess the impact. In terms of target, I vaguely recall they wanted to raise a minimum of £1.2mil or so.

I should say that I was an early applicant in the pre-sale registration period and I invested a decent wedge on first day of the issue. Maybe this is the reason they've offered me another slice before putting them on "general sale" to any Tom Dick or Harry and there's nothing to fret over. However, it will look a bit ropey if the final tally is significantly less than the £6.8 million that was triumphantly announced a few weeks back. Ultimately, anything over the £1.2mil minimum target will represent success though.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X