Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Ground Approved

Some good news to report.

The training ground at Heston has been formally approved by the Secretary of State.

Pitch works set to begin on the 1st October, and will take nine months to complete.

Formal construction will begin by the end of the calendar year.

A massive congratulations to the board and everyone involved for getting to this point, a massive day for the club.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...ground-270921/

Nine months to lay some pitches? I know a few Irish lads who could do it in a week.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      Nine months to lay some pitches? I know a few Irish lads who could do it in a week.
      That’s if they could get some petrol to get there .

Comment

https://www.constructionenquirer.com...aining-ground/

“The owners will be personally covering a significant portion of the cost and we will also be issuing a Bond to assist with the financing.

QPR's Board

Comment

The minimum subscription is £500 with no upper limit. UK taxpayers will be able to invest in the bond through an Innovative Finance ISA to receive tax-free returns and investors will be able to trade their bonds through the Tifosy Exchange.

The new training ground will include seven specially-constructed pitches for the first team and Academy, and will enable the club to compete more effectively on the pitch, helping to attract and develop the best upcoming talent. Players will also have use of a performance gym, rehabilitation facilities, dining and recreation areas, classrooms and a performance analysis suite.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...tifosy-300921/

Come on rich boys n girls sign up

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
            The minimum subscription is £500 with no upper limit. UK taxpayers will be able to invest in the bond through an Innovative Finance ISA to receive tax-free returns and investors will be able to trade their bonds through the Tifosy Exchange.

The new training ground will include seven specially-constructed pitches for the first team and Academy, and will enable the club to compete more effectively on the pitch, helping to attract and develop the best upcoming talent. Players will also have use of a performance gym, rehabilitation facilities, dining and recreation areas, classrooms and a performance analysis suite.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...tifosy-300921/

Come on rich boys n girls sign up
            Just think, a £4000 bond will pay £200 interest each year to go towards your ST. Also, leaving that £4k in the banks instead will be paying out around £40. What could go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Just think, a £4000 bond will pay £200 interest each year to go towards your ST. Also, leaving that £4k in the banks instead will be paying out around £40. What could go wrong?
              Where do you bank? 1% p.a. interest?

What could go wrong? You're money is at risk etc. etc. etc.

Sorry, I'm a retired Compliance Officer, but there are risks you should consider.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Where do you bank? 1% p.a. interest?

What could go wrong? You're money is at risk etc. etc. etc.

Sorry, I'm a retired Compliance Officer, but there are risks you should consider.
                Thanks for that.

I was referring to saving in a bank's equivalent period long term ISA. However, there are not many (if any) that still pay that much.

Yes, I know there is a risk - the last sentence was in jest. It's like when they floated the club on the stock market and many fans lost their money.

Comment

I'm in. I'm sat on a fat paper profit on the WATR shares I bought 2 years ago, quadrupled my money. May as well flog them and invest a couple of bags of sand in this QPR Bond. The 25% bonus if we get promoted in 5yrs seems like a good angle.

ps I found the WATR shares by accident after mistyping WATRBs into my browser (I posted about it sometime in the past). I've always felt there's been some weird karma at play with these shares and their shooting up in value so putting this windfall into club seems fair and reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                    I'm in. I'm sat on a fat paper profit on the WATR shares I bought 2 years ago, quadrupled my money. May as well flog them and invest a couple of bags of sand in this QPR Bond. The 25% bonus if we get promoted in 5yrs seems like a good angle.

ps I found the WATR shares by accident after mistyping WATRBs into my browser (I posted about it sometime in the past). I've always felt there's been some weird karma at play with these shares and their shooting up in value so putting this windfall into club seems fair and reasonable.
                    I do remember you posting that in the past.

I've used up my ISA already for this year, could I still invest in this?

Comment

CO-OWNER Ruben Gnanalingam was on site to see preparation for the building work at our new training ground in Heston.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/intervi...ally-exciting/

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

I do remember you posting that in the past.

I've used up my ISA already for this year, could I still invest in this?
                        You don't have to put these in an ISA, can just invest in the bond without putting it in an ISA wrapper.. You can earn £1000 in interest per annum tax free (if you're a standard rate tax payer) on non-ISA savings so you probably have some headroom to play with there?

Good thing about this bond is they don't charge any fees to put it into an fISA wrapper for you.

Comment

Been in touch with the club today, they are talking to the contractors about putting in a webcam so we can track progress on site as well as giving regular updates.

Looks like club are targeting a competition date for the 2023-24 season, with the club probably moving there next year with portacabins being used initially.

Comment

Well I bought myself some bonds this morning so they should be able to buy a webcam now (and the leads, a mouse and a plug too)!

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                              Well I bought myself some bonds this morning so they should be able to buy a webcam now (and the leads, a mouse and a plug too)!
                              Hearing whispers those who have bonds gotta help out as ball boys, give out bottles of water and carry the spit pail.

Comment

Working...
                              X