Jimmy Dunne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Dunne

I think Dunny has had a good week and should now start games. He seems fitter and more mobile than Jordy and deserves to start ahead of him I reckon.

I like Jordy too but he doesn't seem to have 90 minutes in him or 3-games-a-week so it makes sense to have him on bench.

Dickie seems a bit distracted/subdued to me. Would like to see him play with more authority and impose himself on games and be a visible leader. If Rob carries on in current manner I can see Jimmy soon taking on the role of "defensive linchpin and leader" ahead of Dickie and Barbet.

Dickie definitely not playing as well as he was

Comment

This is a tough, intense league with a lot of games. All players will struggle at some point which is why squad rotation and having some depth is so important. I am sure Dunne will get his opportunities and hopefully will do well.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
        This is a tough, intense league with a lot of games. All players will struggle at some point which is why squad rotation and having some depth is so important. I am sure Dunne will get his opportunities and hopefully will do well.
        That's true to a certain extent but some players seem capable of playing week-in-week out and others seem to be made of glass. Dunno where Dunne fits into that but based on last week, Dunne seems to be a strong, robust, mobile all-action character. Purely by dint of that I think he's climbed the pecking order.
        It's probably all moot given Jordy appears crocked (again).

I suppose if Warburton persists with playing 3 CBs that kind of means we need at least 5 CBs in the squad to cover the rotation you rightly refer to. Given Jordy possibly counts as only "half a player" due to his nagging absences we could be a bit stretched if the other CBs drop out at some point through injury/suspension.

Comment

Working...
        X