Duke-mckenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duke-mckenna

Fair play to him. Did really well when he came on and scored a cracking penalty against the club who let him go! Well done that man!!

Yes. Looked good didn't he? Reading this he's due a bit of an upturn in his career....

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...rpool-21606132

Comment

Showed bottle to step up for his pen and made a fantastic tackle

Comment

He did well when he came on and I think he is ready to step up to be included in our matchday squad and come on as a sub if needed. He looks more than capable of playing in the Championship without being farmed out on loan to a lower league side first.

Comment

He needs to get out on loan to L1 or L2, get some games under his belt. 21 and played handful of 1st team games.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
            He needs to get out on loan to L1 or L2, get some games under his belt. 21 and played handful of 1st team games.
            The point I was making is that he did not look out of place in the side against Everton, so who knows how well he can play in the Championship. Good thing Birmingham didn't have the same attitude with Bellingham and put him in their team at the age of 15! I am not saying that D-M is at the same level as a player but look at players like Sibley at Derby, Fulham's Carvahlo. They are young and playing 1st team football, why should all our young players go and get games in L1 or L2 if capable of playing in the Championship for us?

Comment

Most of our young players who aren't involved in the first team squad aren't that good. Duke mckenna looks promising but needs a loan spell. Apart from him then a lot of the others aren't very good. We have a load of lads who are 22/23 and they are miles off being good enough for our team. If they were that talented they would be out on loan and doing well. Most of them are just togging out for the under 23s and getting beat so at what point do we make a decision to keep them or release them.

Comment

Everton released him. Bolton released him. He needs 1st Team games regardless of level.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                  Most of our young players who aren't involved in the first team squad aren't that good. Duke mckenna looks promising but needs a loan spell. Apart from him then a lot of the others aren't very good. We have a load of lads who are 22/23 and they are miles off being good enough for our team. If they were that talented they would be out on loan and doing well. Most of them are just togging out for the under 23s and getting beat so at what point do we make a decision to keep them or release them.
                  Again, I think D-M has so far looked good in his cameo roles and I would rather give him a place on the bench to bring on as a sub (especially instead of Thomas who has not looked as effective). Maybe a few games as a sub will tell us a lot more about his capabilities at this level.

Yes, the others in our U23s do not look that promising given they get beaten so often, and I would look to release them rather than keep giving them extensions only to loan them out. Hopefully, the B team games will give the likes of D-M some decent opposition to impress against.

Comment

How many outfield players have we loaned out over past few years who subsequently came back improved and became 1st team stalwarts? On the other hand, how many outfield players have we loaned out over past few years who came back largely unimproved and remained fringe players before being booted out?

Aside from Chair I'm struggling to think of any of our loaned out players that actually benefitted from being loaned out. I believe loaning out D-M would be a waste of time and he should stay put and either earn his place in squad or be permanently moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                      How many outfield players have we loaned out over past few years who subsequently came back improved and became 1st team stalwarts? On the other hand, how many outfield players have we loaned out over past few years who came back largely unimproved and remained fringe players before being booted out?

Aside from Chair I'm struggling to think of any of our loaned out players that actually benefitted from being loaned out. I believe loaning out D-M would be a waste of time and he should stay put and either earn his place in squad or be permanently moved on.
                      Good post. Warburton is a bit one-eyed on this matter.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

Good post. Warburton is a bit one-eyed on this matter.
                        He’s far from one eyed and many players have benefited from loan moves so the previous post is inaccurate. Additionally, it’s not really his role, it’s Chris Ramsey’s.

For a fuller and more accurate perspective add Eze (Wycombe, League 2), and Dieng (Doncaster, League 1) alongside Chair (Stevenage, League 2) as major hits.

Also add Darnell Furlong (Northampton, Cambridge, Swindon), Ossie Kakay (Livingston, Chesterfield, Partick), Joe Lumley (Bristol Rovers, Blackpool), Ryan Manning (Rotherham).

For those that didn’t make it with us; see Oteh, Smyth for recent times.

Comment

Give him a go I say from the start, alongside Willock and in behind Charlie. Give Chair a rest, hopefully the kick up the ‘arris he needs! Who knows, if DM comes good would be a nice headache for Warbs to have!

Please no Kakay though! Uncle to RWB, Adebajo LWB and 3 x CB Dickie, Dunne, Barbet, with Dozzell and Ball in CMF.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post

He’s far from one eyed and many players have benefited from loan moves so the previous post is inaccurate. Additionally, it’s not really his role, it’s Chris Ramsey’s.

For a fuller and more accurate perspective add Eze (Wycombe, League 2), and Dieng (Doncaster, League 1) alongside Chair (Stevenage, League 2) as major hits.

Also add Darnell Furlong (Northampton, Cambridge, Swindon), Ossie Kakay (Livingston, Chesterfield, Partick), Joe Lumley (Bristol Rovers, Blackpool), Ryan Manning (Rotherham).

I do enjoy a sensible post that is backed up with facts rather than how crap our kids are .

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post

I see what you mean. That was a significant number of players.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X