Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Well well well….what a choker.

Started bright again, very similar to the first 10 mins at Bournemouth, getting the ball in the box and piling
    on pressure but to no avail. We went off the boil after that spell of pressure and they had us camped in our half, not really testing Dieng and we soon rode that wave.

From that point on we were the ones looking to play the football and creating so many chances for our strikers who, let’s be honest, had an awful day in front of goal. They took the lead on the counter attack, Moses with a poor pass which was intercepted and we go in at half time 1-0 down. I’m baffled at this point but still optimistic our boys would turn it around based on the amount of chances we were creating.

Second half much more of the same, chance after chance, some great interchanging football as well. Guilty at times of holding the ball for a bit to long and a few sloppy passes but still entertaining to watch but we all know if you don’t put away your chances you will get punished…introducing Nahki Wells. Shows our 3 strikers how to finish a clear cut chance and wins the game last minute. Absolute devastation!

If I look at the positives, I thought Chair, Johansen, De Wijs, Barbet, Dickie and McCallum were decent. The football at times was the best we have seen in a long time (credit Warburton) and we created so many chances once again.

Negatives: Strikers were off it and we should have been 5-1 up before they bagged their goal. I feel from the last 2 games we should have taken away 4 points but we have 0! Crazy game and some absolutely possessed goalkeeping from the last 2 games.

We move on, I would still like to play a fairly strong side against everton however I think he will play the kids and do his best to avoid 3 straight league defeats. Look forward to West Brom I’m hoping we carry on playing the football just need to put the ball away!!

Slim there’s only allowed one “on way home “ thread . Find another one to start maybe MOM or “on my way to the ground “
    cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
      Slim there’s only allowed one “on way home “ thread . Find another one to start maybe MOM or “on my way to the ground “
      cheers
      Sorry buddy didn’t even clock someone had done one before.

Comment

Not sure we need even one "on my way home" thread when there's already a vibrant "Bristol City Match Thread" on the go.

I tend to experience heightened lucidity and insight when I'm sat on the throne having a "number two". After next game I may start a "whilst curling one out" thread to express my verdict on the game.

Apologies to anyone having their lunch BTW.......

Comment

Working...
        X