Kakay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kakay

Genuinely don’t like slating players as Ossie comes over as a lovely lad, puts 100% in etc. However, he was dreadful last night, constantly giving the ball away, out of position and missed placed passes. If he plays again on Saturday (assuming Moses is injured?) we need to see a huge improvement

Don't wanna slate players too but I don't think he is Championship quality. Always out of position and just looks like the weak link. I would rather Albert there than him.

Comment

Over the last 2/3 seasons Kane,Kakay and Moses have all been played at RWB and all of them have been seen to be positionally inadequate at times.

There is no real pace in any of the 3 C/Bs so they have to sit deep leaving space behind whoever plays W/B

i would suggest its a formation problem not who’s being picked to play there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
        Genuinely don’t like slating players as Ossie comes over as a lovely lad, puts 100% in etc. However, he was dreadful last night, constantly giving the ball away, out of position and missed placed passes. If he plays again on Saturday (assuming Moses is injured?) we need to see a huge improvement
        He's very average but he had no help whatsoever last night. Every time he received the ball in the first half he had not one player to pass to. We were completely lopsided in the first half. He had no choice but to go it alone and when he did there was still no one looking to come and take the ball from him. It's almost like no one wants to play near him. All our forward thinking players were stood on top of each other on the left side of the pitch. It was quite bizarre to watch. Really like kakay cos he's gives 100% but we still don't have a real top quality rwb in my opinion. It all rests with moses who looks a mixed bag so far.

Comment

He seemed to get worse as the game went on

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

He's very average but he had no help whatsoever last night. Every time he received the ball in the first half he had not one player to pass to. We were completely lopsided in the first half. He had no choice but to go it alone and when he did there was still no one looking to come and take the ball from him. It's almost like no one wants to play near him. All our forward thinking players were stood on top of each other on the left side of the pitch. It was quite bizarre to watch. Really like kakay cos he's gives 100% but we still don't have a real top quality rwb in my opinion. It all rests with moses who looks a mixed bag so far.
            Agree was strange how we were loaded up on the left, must have been a Hen Party of Hotties sitting down the front.

Comment

very poor last night Uncle contributes so much more going forward ,

Comment

But Ozzy and Moses are within budget. What we need and what we can afford are two different things. We're punching above our budget weight and we just have to accept things arent perfect.

Comment

I think McCallum is capable of playing both LWB and RWB - I think I read that somewhere, but cannot remembers where. Once Wallace is back (fingers crossed!) I hope we can switch McCallum to the right. McCallum had a very good second half yesterday. He missed part of pre season due to injury, he missed the early matches due to sickness and he is new to the team - I think we have yet to see how good McCallum can be, but yesterday was promising after some patchy matches.

Despite Moses not being the optimal solution I think he is better than Kakay. However, as pointed out earlier in this thread, Kakay was left alone on the right side yesterday, which was really not fair to him. We cannot expect a fringe player like Kakay to fill two roles when he gets the rare occasion to shine. This is a recipe for failure. Warburton addressed that by making changes, but I feel Kakay gets too much blame, given the impossible task he faced.

Adomah does not have the defensive qualities to play RWB for 90 min. If he had, he would have played there occasionally last season but I cannot remember he started more than one match as RWB. He has come in at RWB a few times when we have been chasing matches, but more often we have switched to four at the back when introducing Adomah. This is to accomodate for the fact he needs a full back behind him so he can operate as a real winger or cut inside if he think it is right- that's what type of player he is, not a RWB.

Comment

In our current situation, it will be a good idea to try Thomas as a right wing-back. Maybe he never played that role before. As a midfielder, he has not much to offer and with Amos coming back to the side and Dozzel waiting in the wings, I cannot see Thomas being a regular. However, he can be temporarily the answer to our problems!

Comment

Thomas played RWB for 35 minutes against Barnsley before he was substituted. Nothing indicated he has the defensive qualities required. When he has played in midfield he has shown attacking abilities but he has been woeful defensively. I shall not write him off but I have my doubts.

Comment

For Kakay just look at his positioning for the second goal. Standing on his own behind their forwards. As for Thomas at RWB he played there once for us and was atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                          In our current situation, it will be a good idea to try Thomas as a right wing-back. Maybe he never played that role before. As a midfielder, he has not much to offer and with Amos coming back to the side and Dozzel waiting in the wings, I cannot see Thomas being a regular. However, he can be temporarily the answer to our problems!
                          Thomas right wing back? we Tried that against Barnsley didn't work that's why him and Dozzell were subbed so quickly in the game, with uncle coming on and changing the game for us

Comment

Said it before we need 3 players in January.
                            1. Right Back. Better than what we have now.
                            2. Central Defender. One who has pace. None of the current centre-halves is very quick.
                            3. Striker. We need a young fast striker. The 3 we have now is not enough. I would loan a striker from the Premier League.

All these areas must be addressed in the January transfer window. If we get these 3 in January we will be very strong at the business end of the season. I still believe we will finish in the top 6 this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverwild View Post
                              Said it before we need 3 players in January.
                              1. Right Back. Better than what we have now.
                              2. Central Defender. One who has pace. None of the current centre-halves is very quick.
                              3. Striker. We need a young fast striker. The 3 we have now is not enough. I would loan a striker from the Premier League.

All these areas must be addressed in the January transfer window. If we get these 3 in January we will be very strong at the business end of the season. I still believe we will finish in the top 6 this season.
                              Yeah let’s keep chucking money at it and get ourselves in the mess that got us an ffp fine and a transfer embargo .The squad is fine and by the way Dunne has pace and so does Andre gray , we’ve lost our first game of the season, there’s not much wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X