Jordy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordy

No mention of it but I watched the whole game in all truth he had what you have to call a mare. I really think Jimmy dunne is the answer. Yes I've seen very little of the lad but I've seen enough to see that there is a decent player who has composure and quality. For me swift is a very good centre forward but I thought jordys positioning and turning circle of a small truck is a major concern when we play against pace. Barbet and dickie pick thereselves but for me that single change would improve our defence if we persist with 532 which I think we should to keep willock, chair, Austin and gray upfront
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Jordy looked out of sorts yesterday and Puskas appeared to better him in most of the arial battles between the two which surprised me.

Difficult to assess if Dunne would be bring more much needed pace than Jordy but would agree that Dunne looks more of an agile Centre Back and capable of playing the ball with both feet.

Dunne also looks a real threat when attacking set pieces in the opposition penalty area.

I would guess if Dunne gets a decent run of games he would nail down a starting place ahead of Jordy.

Comment

Just watching the highlights and it looked like it was the poor tracking by us that let Swift in - Moses and Dom but hopefully they will do better next time.

Comment

In fairness Swift finished well in the little bit of space he got into, our defending overall from front to back needs to be better, Jordy did really well on the set piece for our opener and is always dangerous at that, I'm sure Dunne will be spelling off the 3CB's as the fixtures pile up!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

Jordy has been super since he arrived, he'll have a bad game, as will others, as will we lose that on other days.

Dunne has played 1 good game for us, reactive comes to mind here for me.

Comment

I think Jordy is our best defender to be honest. Denfensivly I think he is even better than Dickie, but nothing beats Dickie's four goals of course - he can't compete with Dickie in front of goal. I think Jordy was his usual self in the first half but I agree he had a poor second half. But 45 poor minutes in an otherwise excellent 9 months spell do not justify a defensive change. Dunne looks a very good prospect and he will play a lot this season, as Jordy is injury prone and will be out soon.

By the way, have we lost a match in which Jordy has played?

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
              I think Jordy is our best defender to be honest. Denfensivly I think he is even better than Dickie, but nothing beats Dickie's four goals of course - he can't compete with Dickie in front of goal. I think Jordy was his usual self in the first half but I agree he had a poor second half. But 45 poor minutes in an otherwise excellent 9 months spell do not justify a defensive change. Dunne looks a very good prospect and he will play a lot this season, as Jordy is injury prone and will be out soon.

By the way, have we lost a match in which Jordy has played?
              Agree with that.

Jordy is excellent at this level. Yes, he wasn't great in the 2nd half, but apart from that, has been fairly solid in our back 3. As you say, he is likely to get injured at times and will be replaced by Dunne when that happens.

Comment

Working...
              X