Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like safe standing is finally coming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like safe standing is finally coming.

Looks like the ban on standing areas in the Premier League and Championship is to be lifted, clearing the way for safe standing to finally be introduced.

Huge news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58357046

Everyone over 5"7' will be loving this.

Comment

Sounds good to me , I spent the whole game Saturday standing up anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
        Sounds good to me , I spent the whole game Saturday standing up anyway.
        Pity those who want to sit down then!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

Pity those who want to sit down then!
          Open your eyes Jeff , there are plenty of areas in the ground where standing is widely accepted with no problems, this happens all over the country at every ground . Everyone was standing in the away end lower tier on Saturday. This needs to be brought in as the majority are standing at football matches already.

Comment

I remember going to Stamford bridge when rangers played Chelsea in the FA cup. I was 2nd row from the back standing up and giving John Terry dogs abuse. I was told by a fellow rangers who was back row to sit down. He was with his son. I did think why buy those tickets but it was a sell out. I did sit down but I guess passion sometimes takes over jeff
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              I remember going to Stamford bridge when rangers played Chelsea in the FA cup. I was 2nd row from the back standing up and giving John Terry dogs abuse. I was told by a fellow rangers who was back row to sit down. He was with his son. I did think why buy those tickets but it was a sell out. I did sit down but I guess passion sometimes takes over jeff
              When my kids were young I'd try and get tickets for the front but you would get what your given at the BO

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                Yeah I’d have no problem sitting down if asked , they are seats after all . What I’m saying is certain areas of the ground are known for standing and away fans stand all the time at rangers.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000
                  I was thinking, if the Loft End lower was coverted into a standing area, we could get about 2,900 in there if it was on a 1:5 basis, ie for every sitting fan, there is 5 standing.
                  5 to 1.........really?

The seating is cramped as it is and there no way five people will stand in the equivalent space of one seat. This is safe standing and it will be 1:1

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

5 to 1.........really?

The seating is cramped as it is and there no way five people will stand in the equivalent space of one seat. This is safe standing and it will be 1:1
                    My understanding is the capacity wouldn’t change if safe standing was brought in as it would be the same space as we get now just with the seat removed and a rail placed in front of you .

Comment

Yep, I remember the club consulting on this last year, it would likely be a specific part of the ground with rails in place. I was in favour of a standing area, I am 6'5" tall and have had a back operation - I sat in the middle of V block on Saturday, it was cramped beyond belief and pretty uncomfortable, there is no other ground I have been to that feels as tight, I'd prefer to stand any day compared to that, also think standing makes for a better atmosphere for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                        Everyone over 5"7' will be loving this.
                        Yeah , I am slightly taller than that , but that was one of the reasons why I disliked standing.

I would like to see the standing being more like 5 :4 in order to slightly increase capacity in the lower loft.

It should improve the atmosphere though.

Comment

Working...
                        X