2 Strikers Needed This Transfer Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Strikers Needed This Transfer Window

If we can get 2 good strikers on loan from the Premier League before the close of the window, this will make a big difference. We need strikers with pace and who knows where the net is.

I don't see any major weaknesses in our squad apart from the strikers. We need to bring in a fast forward who we can rotate with Austin and Dykes. This is our weakness and it must be addressed by August 31st.

If we can keep our best players this season, and bring in 1 or even 2 quality strikers I can see us getting promoted this season. This is imho the missing link in the squad.

This is our best squad since we came down from the Premier League in 2015. Very early days, but I would be very disappointed if we did not finish top 6 this season.
    Two good strikers can get us in the top 2 next May.

We must bring in another quality striker this transfer window. Not to do so will cost us up until January.
    We have made a positive start let's keep going and building momentum.

Issue here is top six does not equate with ending top three. Obvs incredibly early days but SO FAR Fulham look a class apart (sounds like they could have won 5 or 6 nil today). West Brom still to play today but they have also looked incredibly strong. So realistically we are aiming to be the best of the rest, which we could be but that means the play offs. And that's a total lottery.

Like you I agree we need a quick striker. Much as we all love Austin, he now relies on his excellent movement in the box, he doesn't have the speed to sprint past anyone. A lot of Championship defences are quite slow (was reading that Derbys centre backs are aged 36 and 37) so a young, athletic striker like the Man U lad striker Elanga would really expose that.

But my caution is even with a striker there is absolutely no guarantee we will go up. With small gate receipts, very little other revenue from owners who are probably not in the best of financial health themselves (how is AirAsia been doing with nobody flying?) they have already spent better this summer than many of us dared hope. Great if it happens but if not we just have to work with what we've got by for example pushing Willock up top.

Comment

Working...
    X