On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Well really pleased and surprised by that score, Coventry all over us first half and we could have been 2 or 3 down, we are starting home games so slowly we were lucky to go in level.
    Chair, Willock and Austin were all struggling although u could say that about most of the team,first half only Adubajo showed any attacking intent. Coventry play a very high intensity game and our only hope was for them to run out of puff.

This duly happened after about 65 minutes, Dykes on for the pitifully slow Austin at last gave their defence something to worry about, he scored a perfectly placed shot from the edge of the box, suddenly our tails were up and Barbet cleverly smashed it into the roof of the net after his fierce shot was palmed away for the second.
    Coventry now deflated and out of the game.

Overall a patchy performance, but if you can still win 2-0 against a decent Coventry team things are looking good

I think it was Dykes for Chair, sacrificing some strength in MF to boost our attack, and it worked!
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Watching the match on the stream from my villa in Spain, the R's fans here found the first half exciting after a pulsating start to the match. We rode the storm and were a bit fortunate to have not conceded at HT against a very well organised Coventry team who looked very dangerous on the counter....otherwise a great half for the neutral. Second half we were more solid defensively and just as we have performed in our previous 2 home matches piled on the pressure to get a result in the second half. Yet another great substitution from Warburton at the right time and the atmosphere sounded amazing....not a patchy performance at all. Millwall, Barnsley & now Coventry all probably put have put their best away 45 in against us this season, just read their forums.

Comment

Coventry maybe put in the worst performance I saw at LR last season, they have improved.

doing a lot better in the second half is becoming a bit of a pattern!

Comment

Originally posted by W12Ranger View Post
          Watching the match on the stream from my villa in Spain, the R's fans here found the first half exciting after a pulsating start to the match. We rode the storm and were a bit fortunate to have not conceded at HT against a very well organised Coventry team who looked very dangerous on the counter....otherwise a great half for the neutral. Second half we were more solid defensively and just as we have performed in our previous 2 home matches piled on the pressure to get a result in the second half. Yet another great substitution from Warburton at the right time and the atmosphere sounded amazing....not a patchy performance at all. Millwall, Barnsley & now Coventry all probably put have put their best away 45 in against us this season, just read their forums.
          Well I was there and can tell you we were way off the pace, so crap fist half and much better second half to me that is patchy,as for atmosphere I thought it was flat, Coventry fans singing your support is ####ing #### and is this a library.
          14,500 odd including 2000 Coventry, not sure what it takes to get Rangers fans to turn up.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post

Well I was there and can tell you we were way off the pace, so crap fist half and much better second half to me that is patchy,as for atmosphere I thought it was flat, Coventry fans singing your support is ####ing #### and is this a library.
            14,500 odd including 2000 Coventry, not sure what it takes to get Rangers fans to turn up.
            We must have been watching a different match, so we are gonna crack on with a our blue & white hooped themed pool party and celebrate a great R's win

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post

I think it's very hard to judge crowds Romford. It's been a shocking 24 month and I think there are still plenty of older fans concerned about sitting in crowds. I think that's not a bad turn out. I think if we're hanging around the top 6 come Xmas I would expect to see 17,000 if covid numbers aren't going through the roof
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by W12Ranger View Post

We must have been watching a different match, so we are gonna crack on with a our blue & white hooped themed pool party and celebrate a great R's win
                Your Spanish villa, you've always been a flash git
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Well I was there too and sorry Romford but I agree with W12 Ranger.

Don't know where you got the idea that Coventry pressed us high cos that's certainly not the game I saw.

What they did do and did well, was let us go to them and hit us on the break.

Oh and just to be picky, Dykes came on for Chair not Austin and Barbet scored after Austins fierce shot was charged down.

Maybe too many sherry's at half time?

Anyway a very good and satisfying win so sherry's all round.

Comment

Coventry's end product wasn't there otherwise we should of been out of it 1st half , 3 or4 last ditch tackles and a couple of saves by our keeper kept us level...we kept at it and got a good win in the end

Comment

Agree with a lot of the points made, we were very vulnerable on the counter in the 1st half as we tried to play our passing game and it wasn't really happening, it is going to be so important for MW to adjust our style as Coventry and Barnsley both looked to be waiting for our every move, all the more reason why we are in dire need of a speedy striker!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

[QUOTE=rodman;n2564015]Well I was there too and sorry Romford but I agree with W12 Ranger.

Don't know where you got the idea that Coventry pressed us high cos that's certainly not the game I saw.

What they did do and did well, was let us go to them and hit us on the break.

Oh and just to be picky, Dykes came on for Chair not Austin and Barbet scored after Austins fierce shot was charged down.

Maybe too many sherry's at half time?

Anyway a very good and satisfying win so sherry's all round. [

I thought it was Barbet who had the fierce drive ?
                        As for pressing high, how comes first half we had difficulty getting out of our half, was very pleased with 0-0 at H/T

The point on Dykes was that he gave Coventry more to think about than Austin who was very poor, my memory is crap.
                        Last edited by Romford Hoop; 28-08-2021, 06:55 PM.

Comment

We aren't world beaters in this division although the improvement since January is extremely impressive. It is going to be a long season and if we do have any lofty realistic ambitions we are going to have to dig results out. Am expecting plenty of games like this. We showed second half of last season we have the legs to dig in and get results in the second half of games. Long may it continue.

Comment

It's odd but the atmosphere was better against Oxford , did improve when we got on top

Comment

Coventry will rightly feel aggrieved to have lost that game,they should have been 2 up at half time ,the same as Hull in the 1st half .I'd obviously prefer if we played well in both halves but as long as we are getting a result playing well in the 2 d half I will certainly take it.

Comment

Working...
                              X