Zlatan to QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zlatan to QPR

Teamtalk has an article today about deals that "could have been". I did not know that we turned down Zlatan as a younster before he went to Malmų and rather signed Luke Cornwall from Fulham on loan.

Zlatan to QPR

Zlatan Ibrahimovic had a potential move to London, not just Arsenal but QPR as well.

According to former Swedish footballer Tony Flygare, Zlatan went down to Loftus Road before he started at Malmo.

Gerry Francis, who was in charge at the time, didn’t offer him a contract. QPR instead signed Fulham’s Luke Cornwall on loan later that year.

Blimey Oslo I thought every rangers fan knew this. You do know that the 2nd world war has ended too?
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Second World War???

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
        Teamtalk has an article today about deals that "could have been". I did not know that we turned down Zlatan as a younster before he went to Malmų and rather signed Luke Cornwall from Fulham on loan.

Zlatan to QPR

Zlatan Ibrahimovic had a potential move to London, not just Arsenal but QPR as well.

According to former Swedish footballer Tony Flygare, Zlatan went down to Loftus Road before he started at Malmo.

Gerry Francis, who was in charge at the time, didn’t offer him a contract. QPR instead signed Fulham’s Luke Cornwall on loan later that year.
        old news, but look how good and world superstar Luke Cornwall turned out to be..

Not one of Gerry Francis' best decisions and one he would rather keep quiet.

Comment

I never knew

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            I never knew
            May 1945
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

May 1945
              Blimey, WeAreQPR12, May 1945?? WWII ended on 2 September 1945 when USA accepted Japan's surrender, after USA dropped two atomic bombs over Hiroshima and Nagasaki on 6 & 9 August 1945 to end the war. I thought the Hiroshima bomb and the end of WWII was common knowledge, but I seem to be wrong. At least I thought Hiroshima was a bit more commonly known than Francis going for Cornwall in stead of Ibrahimovic, but obviously not. I hadn't hear about the Zlatan link before and you had never heard about the Hiroshima bomb and role it played for the end of WWII before. The most surprising things can escape us!

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                I never knew
                Me neither

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

Blimey, WeAreQPR12, May 1945?? WWII ended on 2 September 1945 when USA accepted Japan's surrender, after USA dropped two atomic bombs over Hiroshima and Nagasaki on 6 & 9 August 1945 to end the war. I thought the Hiroshima bomb and the end of WWII was common knowledge, but I seem to be wrong. At least I thought Hiroshima was a bit more commonly known than Francis going for Cornwall in stead of Ibrahimovic, but obviously not. I hadn't hear about the Zlatan link before and you had never heard about the Hiroshima bomb and role it played for the end of WWII before. The most surprising things can escape us!
                  Well articulated as always Oslo.

Comment

Slatan was, apparently, pretty useless in the early part of his career. Even at international level he used to get pelters from football summarisers. He was a late bloomer by all accounts. The same applied to Drogba.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie Rangers View Post

Well articulated as always Oslo.
                      Cheers, Ronnie!

Comment

Working...
                      X