Wells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wells

Go end nakhi’s nightmare at brizzle and bring him home , on the bench again tonight!

Originally posted by stainrod67 View Post
    Go end nakhi’s nightmare at brizzle and bring him home , on the bench again tonight!
    How does that happen then ? He’s got 2 years left on his contract and earning close to 30k a week . Are City going to let him go for free and would you expect him to take a pay cut to join us ?

Comment

Just being hopeful as I think we are still very light up top . Know it’s not realistic but ??

Comment

Would be great but would you start him ahead of Dykes and Austin when all fit? Would be stiff competition for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

How does that happen then ? He’s got 2 years left on his contract and earning close to 30k a week . Are City going to let him go for free and would you expect him to take a pay cut to join us ?
          Don't worry you're still Stainrod senior
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

He's on the bench so still part of their match day squad. As much as I'd love to see this happen, I can't see it.

Comment

Fine by me he can be stainrod senior makes me feel young !

Comment

Why is he on the bench? Answer because he is playing like the 'Wells' of the first season we had him.

Comment

Manning playing at middle central back tonight for swans ??

Comment

Bristol City are open to offers for Wells , not for me , I feel we need some pace upfront to compliment Austin and Dykes plus I’d say it’s out of our price range anyway.

Comment

It's a no from me to re-sign Wells.
                      I've said this before we need pace upfront.
                      We need a fast young striker on loan from the Premiership.

We lack real pace upfront. Neither Austin nor Dykes are very quick. We get a quick striker who scores goals we are going to be very dangerous this season.

If we do we can finish in the top 2.
                      January will be another important window. We must do our best not to cash out on any of our best players.

If we don't and improve the team further in January with 2 or 3 quality players permanent and loan. I can see u being in the Premier League next season.

Comment

I'd say wells is def quick enough. Certainly more pace than dykes. He would suit the way we play as he offers an outlet I the channels aswell as a lone striker. He could work well alongside dykes. If its comes down to wells or andre gray then who is the best fit? Finance's aside!!!

Comment

If Bristol City wanted to show case him until January window why not if wages could be shared and come in on budget.

i had a look on a website called Futbin.com regarding player stats I.e Pace

Bright Samuel Acceleration 88 Sprint Speed 92

Lyndon Dykes. Acceleration 68 Sprint Speed 70

Nahki Wells. Acceleration 84. Sprint Speed 81

Not sure how accurate this site is in real terms.

Something to remember when the valuation of Wells is taken into account,Bristol signed him from Burnley but also sold Burnley a player in P/Ex IIRC

Comment

If Bristol City were willing to let him go out on loan and pay half his wages, very unlikely I know, I would say he would definitely suit our game and although not a speedy player, he does have some pace.

Gray is also being sought and Elanga from Man Utd would be a good option to try and get.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              If Bristol City were willing to let him go out on loan and pay half his wages, very unlikely I know, I would say he would definitely suit our game and although not a speedy player, he does have some pace.

Gray is also being sought and Elanga from Man Utd would be a good option to try and get.
                              Sounds like Bristol City want to sell , to fund a replacement but if no bids come in they may well have to loan him out to get his hefty wages off the bill .

Comment

Working...
                              X