Away tickets....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Away tickets....

Think it would be great if the owners could fork out a few times a season so that many more fans could go to games like Boro away midweek. We'll be lucky to get 400 today. Maybe fund coach travel AND cost of admission. If they did that we might have what, 1000-1200 there tonight. Might make a difference to the team having that level of support.

They did this for Sunderland in the prem a few years back, not ideal if you don't live in london where coach departs. Ideal for some but not all, a large chunk of our core support has moved out of London myself included.
    Subsidised match tickets though works for all.
    Far north away games midweek usually get around 600 R'S on average, being so close to Hull away makes tonight expensive for those that went to Hull, I chose the Boro game over the Hull game as travel is easier for me for Middlesbrough, still 460m round trip though.
    Football is expensive, the reasons are many.
    Any help from club would be welcome!!!

Comment

Good points , loyalty should go both ways

Comment

For me personally, I strongly support the idea of an away season ticket, so for example, you could pay £15 a month or £150 per season to enroll onto the scheme, in return you would get something like 50% off the normal away season ticket price, so for example instead of paying £33 a ticket, you'd pay £16.50.

I think then from the money that comes in, the club in return puts on free coach travel for the season to those games, I feel that is a fair way of doing it and It would ensure we would always get a decent number of fans travelling up and at the same ensuring the club gets value from it.

So lets say 5,000 fans decided to pay £100 for the season, the club would get £750,000 towards hiring out coaches for the season.

Comment

I could be wrong but didn’t the club lay on about 12 coaches to Hull a few seasons ago
          You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
            I could be wrong but didn’t the club lay on about 12 coaches to Hull a few seasons ago
            They definitely did back in the PL (the one where Joey flicked someone’s b*llock!) I think the PL subsidised a lot of the travel and tickets (seem to remember tickets being £20).

Comment

In the league, home team keeps all the gate money. I can't see logic in QPR ferrying me to Hull gratis so I can put £33 in Hull's coffers - it doesn't make sense?

You can't discount away tickets without permission of home team, Hull want their £33, not £25, £20 or whatever. Even if QPR meet the cost of subsidising my ticket they are just giving that money to Hull, not me.

No wonder clubs lose money hand over fist if this sort of economics pervades.

Comment

Working...
              X